This exciting opportunity is available to join an established team in a leadership role. The Meriden Family Programme was established in 1998 and the aim of the team is to improve the experience of families in contact with services locally, nationally and internationally. The programme is one of four national family intervention training providers approved by Health Education England . The post will be split between working on delivering training, supervision and consultation relating to supporting families to external organisations, and on improving the experiences of families in contact with Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust (BSMHFT).
Main duties of the job
- Delivering Behavioural Family Therapy (BFT) training
- Delivery of new 10-day FI national curriculum training
- Supervising clinicians in the delivery of Behavioural Family Therapy (BFT)
- Working clinically with families using the model of BFT
- Co-working with less experienced clinicians
- Supporting teams within BSMHFT to become more 'think family'
- Being involved in the team's research strategy
Welcome to Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust. Our 4000 clinical and support staff help us to improve mental health wellbeing and meet the needs of the 70,000 people we serve each year. We provide a range of mental healthcare services across Birmingham and Solihull, as well as specialised services nationally. We also offer medical, nursing and psychology training and are proud of our international reputation for both research and innovation.
Our population is culturally diverse, characterised in places by high levels of deprivation which create an increasing demand for our services and a necessity for us to make sure everyone can access the help they need. We are a team of compassionate, inclusive and committed people working together to provide excellent care to support our community. If you are looking for a place to belong, where you can make a real difference to people's lives, join our team where our warm welcome is waiting for you.
Job description Job responsibilities
For further information about the main responsibilities please view the attached job description and person specification.
Person Specification Training Essential
- Completed BFT training
- Completed trainers and supervisors course
Clinical work Essential
- Worked with families using BFT
- Worked with families with diagnosis of bipolar disorder diagnosis
- Worked with families with psychosis diagnosis
Supervising others Essential
- Delivered BFT supervision groups
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.