We are seeking a 10 pa SAS doctor to work in an inpatient setting on Bracken Ward, which is based at the Airedale Centre for Mental Health.
This post will be to support a Consultant Psychiatrist (who will be newly recruited to an inpatient post on Bracken Ward). There has been a reconfiguration of Community and In-patient Services in Working-age Adult Mental Health services from a continuity of care model to a functional model of care in 2019.
The aspiration is to have a similar model in OPMH services, owing to the benefits observed with this model in Adult Mental Health services.
This post would be a newly created post, allowing it to free up more time for existing OPMH Consultant colleagues for more community work. At this point, Community Consultant colleagues will continue to have responsibility for their service users on the Dementia Assessment Unit on a sector basis. Come and create the future with us!
Closing Date: 15th August
Short Listing Date: W/C 16th August 2022
Interview Date: TBC
Main duties of the job
The role of the SAS doctor in the OPMH service will be to provide support to the Airewharfe Memory assessment and Treatment Service (MATS) and supporting service users under the CMHT stream (who will either have an established diagnosis of Dementia or non- dementia related psychiatric illness).
Service users will either be seen in a clinic or as home visits. Support may rarely be given to seeing patients very well known to the Team on the Airedale Hospital acute wards. What you will get
- Supportive and friendly colleagues
- Personalised Coaching and Mentoring
- Weekly academic teaching
- Fortnightly Consultant Balint group
- Leadership and Development opportunities, including opportunity to become an appraiser and support to complete teaching certificate
- Generous study leave allowance (averaging 10 days per year and up to 30 days leave over 3 years with a budget of £1000 per annum)
- In addition to the annual leave entitlement as per the terms and conditions of Consultant contract, 10 days additional (on pro-rata basis) Time Off In Lieu.
- Generous relocation allowance (if applicable)
- Advanced health and wellbeing offers.
Bradford District Care NHS Foundation Trust is an award-winning Trust that provides a range of innovative services that have been recognised as best practice nationally. As a provider of care for people of all ages who have mental and/or community health needs we are dedicated to providing a high-quality service, close to where people live and as much as possible tailored to an individual's needs.
The Trust's purpose is to create connected communities and help people to feel as healthy as they can be at every point in their lives and our vision is to connect people to the best quality care, when and where they need it and be a national role model as an employer and provide our staff with the best place to work.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values:
We Care - We act with respect and empathy, and always value difference
We Listen - We understand people's views and respond to their individual needs
We Deliver - We develop and provide excellent services and support our partners
Job description Job responsibilities Clinical duties
- To provide enthusiastic, and flexible, support and input on Bracken Ward alongside the Inpatient Consultant, Ward Manager and other service leaders.
- To support in the assessment and management of patients and devising or helping to devise appropriate treatment plans and medication regimes.
- To support the team in risk assessment and management skills in the care of people with severe mental illness
- To support the Consultant (who has Approved Clinician Status under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act 1983) as needed for Approximately one (or a maximum of two) Mental Health Review Tribunals/Hospital Managers Hearings per week).
- To ensure excellence in the delivery of evidence-based treatments
- To act as a source of support, advice and information to patients and their carers, team members and other professionals
- Attending Daily Safety Huddle Meetings
- Attending weekly team meetings
- To develop strong working relationships with Community OPMH Consultant colleagues and stakeholders within the acute care pathway.
- To occasionally support any inpatients detained (those who otherwise would have been on Bracken Ward), under the Mental Health Act, on the wards of Airedale General Hospital (acute Trust) on an occasional basis. There will be a Consultant colleague having RC responsibility for this.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MBChB, MBBS or equivalent
- Relevant experience in General Adult Psychiatry (at least three years' experience)
- Current and relevant knowledge of the principles of General Psychiatry Registered for CPD.
- Clinical Experience in a setting working in a multi-cultural, multiethnic setting
- Previous experience in acute inpatient setting/ PICU
- 'Good Standing' for CPD
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.