We are looking for a driven and dynamic Consultant Psychiatrist, with an interest in Neuropsychiatry, to join our team at Cygnet Brunel in Bristol
Cygnet Brunel is a 32 bed Neuropsychiatric service offering neurorehabilitation for complex acquired brain injury individuals, this role provides neuropsychiatric care to male patients aged 18-65 years with an Acquired Brain Injury
We are happy to consider full-time (10 PA) or part-time (4 - 6 PA) candidates for this positionMain duties of the job
At Cygnet, we support our people to grow their careers, gain new skills and keep stepping up.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others every dayAbout us
Cygnet Health Care was established in 1988. Since then we have developed a wide range of services for individuals with mental health needs, autism and learning disabilities within the UK.
We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes for the people in our care.
Our expert and highly dedicated care team of 10,000 employees empower 2864 individuals across 150 services to consistently make a positive difference to their lives, through service-user focused care and rehabilitation.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Are you an outstanding Consultant Psychiatrist looking for new challenges, career development and a competitive salary?
We have an excellent full-time (10 PA)
or part-time (4 - 6 PA)
opportunity for a Consultant Psychiatrist with an interest in Neuropsychiatry, providing neuropsychiatric care for Acquired Brain Injury Rehabilitation to male patients aged 18-65 years at Cygnet Brunel Hospital in Bristol.
Cygnet Brunel is a 32 bed Neuropsychiatric service offering neurorehabilitation for complex acquired brain injury individuals.
The hospital is a modern facility which has been designed specifically to provide a clinically led evidence based neuropsychiatric pathway for individuals presenting with behaviours that challenge.
Our focus is to create a therapeutic rich environment which engages our service users and provides the opportunity to minimise their challenging behaviour and maximise their independence.
In this role, your expertise will be the driving force for life-changing treatment fully supported by a Specialty Doctor and first-class multidisciplinary team.
And you'll have the opportunity to progress to Medical Director level through our management schemes.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You'll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others every day.Your role responsibilities
Why Cygnet? Well offer you
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team (MDT)
- Take overall responsibility for patient treatment plans in conjunction with the MDT
- Assess referrals & undertake mental state examinations of service users
- Undertake appropriate investigations, diagnosis & treatment
- Participate in ward rounds & clinical audits
- Lead the implementation of risk assessment, risk management & embed clinical governance
- Supervise reports for Mental Health Act tribunals & managers hearings & attend hearings
- Participate in the 1 in 6/7 telephone on-call rota
We are looking for someone who is...
- Salary up to £150,000 per Annum(depending on experience)
- 30 days annual leave, plus two days for work anniversary and birthday, plus bank hollidays
- Study leave & support with CPD opportunities
- Opportunity to undertake further learning and development
- Medical indemnity cover
- Company paid life assurance scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free meals on duty & cycle to work scheme
- Access to the NHS Discount Scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit, providing fitness programmes, nutrition consultation & health checks
- Relocation package will also be considered
- Fully GMC registered & MBBS (or equivalent) qualified
- Registered on the specialist register (CCT/CESR), Section 12 and AC Status
- Experienced & knowledgeable in adult psychiatry & mental health diagnosis
- Knowledgeable of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice, along with the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
- A first-rate communicator who can interview, assess & treat patients & write clear, comprehensive medical notes
- Committed to continued professional development
- Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- A member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych) or equivalent
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check. Cygnet Health Care
has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes. Our expert care enables thousands of individuals to consistently make a positive difference to their lives.
We maintain a good relationship with our quality regulators and undergo regular inspections, with 85% of our services rated Good or Outstanding. We also operate an internal system of quality care, treatment and positive outcomes.What next?
If you care about making a difference we want to talk to you.Person SpecificationGeneral RequirementsEssential
- Please refer to job description above
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Please refer to job description above
Cygnet Health Care Address
BS10 7DPEmployer's website
https://www.cygnethealth.co.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.