This role is being advertised pending Royal College approval
We have a new exciting opportunity for a full-time Consultant, which has been commissioned for our Forensic and Rehabilitation Division, that will provide 6 PAs into In-patient and 4 PAs to the Community Forensic Team.
The post holder will work on Curzon, Assessment Ward, to provide clinical leadership and management of the patients on Curzon (Assessment Ward).
They will also work across Derbyshire County providing assessment, support and advice to community teams and in-patient areas.The post holder will provide clinical support and supervision to the Community Forensic Team.
DHCFT is part of the IMPACT collaborative that provides access to secure care in East Midlands. The post holder would be expected to be involved and work closely with commissioners and colleagues in IMPACT.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be working alongside other forensic colleagues including those at the Kedleston Unit (20 bedded male low secure, Kingsway Hospital) and the Community Forensic Team within the expanding Forensic and Rehabilitation Division.
The three Forensic Consultants will share new assessments and provide second opinions with regard to risk management to their Consultant Colleagues in the Trust.
They will be actively involved in the further development of DHCFT Forensic Services and work collaboratively with colleagues in the Rehabilitation Service.
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives'.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 33 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 35 days after 5 years
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBTI+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
Job description Job responsibilities Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Fully registered with GMC with license
- Approved Clinician Status
- Excellent knowledge of speciality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Participated in research and service provision
- Ability to work in and lead a team
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.