Do you want to be part of a friendly & dynamic team of Employment Specialists delivering excellent employment support to our clients? If you believe passionately that anyone with mental health difficulties can work and would like to be part of that journey, then this could be the role for you.
Individual Placement & Support is an internationally-recognised model for supporting people with Serious Mental Illness back into employment, as part of their recovery and wellbeing. As a national priority, our IPS team is currently expanding and working towards achieving high IPS fidelity. We are a friendly and dynamic team, committed to supporting each other to deliver the best outcomes for our clients.
We offer a full and comprehensive induction programme and the opportunity to engage in training and development to build your skills
Main duties of the job
Our team of Employment Specialists work with caseloads of up to 25 clients, helping them to decide what work they want to do, building their confidence to start looking for work, ensuring they have an up to date CV and providing guidance, support and coaching to enable them to find the right job. Employment Specialists also provide advice on benefits and contact potential employers. They work with clients to make a plan for returning to work and, once in work, provide ongoing support to address any issues or challenges encountered.
We work in line with the Disability Confident scheme supporting us to make the most of the talents that disabled people can bring to our workplace.
We particularly encourage individuals with lived experience of mental health conditions to apply.
West London NHS Trust is one of the most diverse providers of mental health, community and social care in the UK.
Our 3,982 staff care for people in hospital and in the community, helping them to recover and go on to lead full and productive lives. We aim to be the best organisation of our kind in the country.
We provide care and treatment for more than 800,000 people living in the London boroughs of Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham and Hounslow, delivering services in the community (at home, in GP surgeries and care homes), hospital, specialist clinics and forensic (secure) units.
We'rerated good overall by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Together, we're committed to promoting hope and wellbeing, working with patients, service users, carers, families and partners across the communities we serve.
We are keen to ensure that our workforce reflects the community it serves, particularly in terms of ethnicity, gender, disability, LGBTQ+ and experience of mental illness.
The regulations mandating vaccination for in-scope roles in the NHS have now been removed. The Trust does however continue to encourage and support staff to be vaccinated as this remains the best line of defence against COVID19. Vaccination data will be collected by our recruitment team during your on-boarding if you are happy to provide a copy of your COVID pass.
Job description Job responsibilities
The role of Employment Specialist is extremely varied and rewarding. You will be part of a clinical team, ensuring the right package of support for clients and keeping detailed and accurate records. You will also be building relationships with employers and other partners, to get the best outcomes for your clients.
We need people who are assertive and adaptable, with a positive attitude about employment for all and excellent networking and interpersonal skills. You dont need to have experience in employment support, but you do need to be willing to learn new skills, with a positive and supportive attitude and a passion for working with people. You also need to be confident with IT, keeping detailed and accurate records of your client work.
For more information about the role of Employment Specialist visit www.ipsgrow.org.uk
Person Specification Qualifications and Training Essential
- Higher education qualification in a related subject (eg. career guidance, information advice and guidance, human resources, counselling, training etc.), psychology, or equivalent experience.
- Evidence of recent and ongoing relevant further professional development
- Evidence of training in employment advice
- Carrying out needs assessments with individuals (e.g. vocational, social, occupational, health, etc.)
- Previous work within a vocational service
- Developing action plans with specific goals
- Providing information, advice and guidance to others
- Helping others to make their own decisions
- Teaching new skills to other people
- Working within a team
- Developing partnerships with other individuals or organisations
- Managing own workload
- Recording data in electronic format
- Providing information, advice and guidance
- Experience of working in a mental health setting
- Experience of working within the IPS model
- Working within an employment service
- Liaising with employers to sustain employment including identifying reasonable adjustments in line with the equality act
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- Recruitment - professional knowledge about how to effectively look for and gain employment including creating an effective CV, ajpplying for jobs in a variety of ways, answering interview questions, and job searching in the local area (London)
- Knowledge about employment/health related benefits (e.g. ESA, UC, etc.)
- Employment law - basic knowledge of the Equality Act 2010 and employment rights
- Education and Training - basic knowledge of different types of courses and qualifications available in the UK
- Knowledge and skills in Motivational Interviewing
- Computer skills - MS Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Communication skills including presenting information in a range of formats for users and stakeholders, including the creation of presentations and reports
- Building confidence in others
- Building and maintaining effective relationships
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain concentration
- Problem solving and solution focused in approach
- Able to work flexibly to meet deadlines and prioritise greatest need
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.