The Haringey Community Mental Health Service for Older People welcomes applications from innovative and forward thinking clinicians, to apply for a Permanent role of Deputy CMHT Manager in the Haringey Older People's Community Mental Health Team
This interesting and varied role will allow staff to develop their management and leadership skills by overseeing care coordination and care management within the CMHT for older people with both organic and functional mental health needs.
The successful applicant will have experience and knowledge of working with people with complex mental health needs and be able to support clinicians to manage and prioritise their caseloads.
Since the role involves working collaboratively with service users, carers, staff from different disciplines and colleagues in other services, the post holder will require excellent communication skills and an ability to work effectively with people from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
The post holder will be supported by the Older People's Service manager to actively develop and improve the service by supporting and mentoring less experienced staff, support workers and students, as well as supervising volunteers who contribute to the service. There are on-going opportunities for service improvement work and to facilitate on-going Enablement projects within the service.
Main duties of the job
- To undertake yearly staff appraisals and develop Individual Development Plans for CMHT members.
- To monitor and nurture links between Primary Care and other agencies with the OP CMHT.
- To participate in the formulation and implementation of protocols and procedures for the delivery of Best Practice within the OP CMHT.
- Lead on matters of clinical audit and reporting of performance indicators.
- Facilitate service user and carer involvement in development and evaluation of the work of the CMHT.
- Lead and coordinate arrangements for specialist education and development opportunities for each profession within CMHT.
- Lead and coordinate arrangements for student learning and placement opportunities within CMHT.
- Lead/ Coordinate the Team to achieve the CMHT Accreditation.
BEHMHT is a multiple award-winning, combined mental health (MH) andcommunity Trust providing local, regional and national healthcare services. We are one of the largest employers in North London delivering a range of mental health and community services to a population of over one million. In Enfield, we provide a full range of child and adult community health services, which over the last few years has been integrating with its mental health services to provide better and more holistic care.BEH manages the renowned North London Forensic Services (NLFS) which is the lead provider of forensic mental health services; that managed the devolved New Models of care budget, it delivers MH care across some of the prisons, and provides MH services as HM Young Offenders Institutions in Aylesbury. We are rated as 'Outstanding' by the CQC. We also provide one of the largest eating disorder services in England, as well as drug and alcohol services.'
Job description Job responsibilities
- To provide a professional leadership role to members of the Haringey Older Persons CMHT to ensure that staff work in partnership to provide an integrated community mental health service to the older people of Haringey.
- To provide clinical and managerial supervision within the CMHT and be responsible for ensuring that individuals also receive education and support in specialist matters relating to the individuals professional background.
- To jointly ensure the care and interventions provided within the OP CMHT are evidence based and in accordance with NICE guidance.
- To lead CMHT staff in implementing evidence based specialist mental health assessments in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain a role of care manager / care coordinator for a small number of service users whose range of needs require complex arrangements of care.
- Lead and as appropriate coordinate matters relating to the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults and children.
- Deputises for the Haringey Older People Community Services Manager as required.
- To lead and collaborate in the planning for development in the local delivery of services provided by the CMHT.
- To deputies for the Haringey OP Community Services Manager as required.
- In conjunction with senior managers, participate in recruitment, selection and appointment of staff.
- To be responsible for the coordination and undertake staff induction for new members of the CMHT.
- To provide formal practice and performance management supervision to CMHT members in accordance with multi-disciplinary supervision policies.
- To provide specialist professional supervision to members of own profession
- Be able to provide leadership on Service Improvement Projects.
Person Specification EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS Essential
- Relevant professional qualification in Nursing, Social Care or Therapy.
- Currently registered appropriate professional body.
- Evidence of ongoing CPD in portfolio.
- Additional qualification/learning within specialist field.
- Further training within the specialist area of Mental Health for the Older Person.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE Essential
- Minimum of four years post registration experience including mental health and older people.
- Experience of working as part of a team.
- Two or more years experience working within a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience of managing a department.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES Essential
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with team members of differing professional backgrounds.
- Good knowledge of and ability to implement care pathways.
PERSONAL QUALITIES Essential
- Should include team working, interpersonal skills and written and verbal skills, importance of a positive can do attitude and a positive attitude to change.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS Essential
- DBS clearance
- First aid training Ability to think and work flexibly to adapt to different approaches Car owner and driver,
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.