The MSK Service at Sussex Partnership is looking to recruit a Band 8a Highly Specialist Clinical Psychologist to their team in Eastbourne!This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled clinician with an interest in self-management of persistent pain to join a dynamic, innovative and highly motivated multidisciplinary team as part of an integrative MSK service. You will be employed by Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, and deliver care in collaboration with other NHS providers under the Sussex MSK Partnership.
The aim is to provide a truly integrated service and care that is consistent and joined up across East Sussex. Our ethos puts patients in control so that people receive the right care, at the right time, first time.
Does this sound like you? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will work with the multidisciplinary team to provide a holistic approach to self-management, the post holder will play an integral role in ensuring the systematic provision of a high-quality specialist service for adults living with persistent pain.You will be providing psychological assessment and therapeutic interventions for a clinical caseload, specialist advice, supervision, consultation, training, and support to other professionals, including provision of supervision to Specialised Clinical Psychologists within the pain team.Collaborative working with service users and carers is integral to our approach and you will be involved in developing and sustaining patient-led peer support and patient involvement initiatives.We incorporate a range of innovative clinical approaches. CBT and third wave clinical models are used in our individual and group work which you will help deliver.All new team members are provided with induction and training to deliver these programmes. In addition, we aim to develop individuals within their roles including exposure to service development projects appropriate to grade. The SMSKPE pain team works closely with pain teams across Sussex to ensure a strong network of like-minded professionals.
ABOUT Sussex MSK Partnership
The Sussex MSK Partnership (East) brings together healthcare experts from across Sussex and includes Brighton and Hove Integrated Care Service, Horder Healthcare, Sussex Community NHS Trust and Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust. We are a unique local, not for profit integratedpartnership, bringing together all elements of an Integrated MSK service.
ABOUT the Integrated MSK Service
The service covers Eastbourne, Seaford, Hailsham, Lewes, Downs & Weald. It puts patients in control of their own healthcare needs and creates more choice with local access to diagnostics and treatment. The service is broken down into four areas:? Self-care and supported self-management? Primary care (GPs, nurses and Pharmacists)? Community based specialist MSK care? Hospital care/inpatient care
? Access to full psychological support, via our internal wellbeing team? Excellent supervision programmes, with ongoing opportunities for training and development? Free parking on-site? Access to a host of discount schemes? A position within a trust rated as 'Outstanding' for caring and 'Good' overall by the CQC? Generous holiday entitlement (starting at 27 days + 8 bank holidays)? Excellent NHS Pension
Job description Job responsibilities
In order to be a successful Highly Specialist Clinical Psychologist in our team, you will have: Doctoral level training in clinical psychology and current registration with the HPC Experience of specialist psychological assessment and treatment of clients across the full range of care settings Demonstrate specialist experience gained post qualification of working as an applied psychologist with evidence of having received a substantial amount of clinical supervision (approx. 50 hours). An ability and interest in holding leadership responsibilities
It would be advantageous if you have:
Experience working in pain management
See attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.We offer a supportive and friendly environment and are able to provide excellent CPD and supervision as well as opportunities for teaching and training of healthcare professionals, aimed at developing innovative services supporting health-related behaviour change.Our teaching and clinical effectiveness are enhanced by our work in research and development and academic links with Canterbury, Surrey and Sussex Universities and the associated clinical psychology doctoral courses.
We encourage flexible working. We know that a positive work/life balance brings about huge health-related benefits, which has a positive impact on the care we provide. Please speak to us about flexible working, for example, home-working, part time hours, flexible start/finish times or anything else. If it works for you and works for the role, we'll do our best to make it happen.
Please apply using the link in this advert, or for more information or to arrange an informal visit, please contact:
Monika Tuite, Principal Clinical Psychologist: Monika.Tuite2@spft.nhs.uk
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Doctoral level training in clinical psychology, including specifically models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics and neuropsychology, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology, as accredited by the BPS.
- Professionally registered as a Practitioner Psychologist with the Health Professions Council (HPC)
Knowlege and Experience Essential
- Experience of specialist psychological assessment and treatment of clients across the full range of care settings, including outpatient, community, primary care and in patient settings.
- Demonstrate specialist experience gained postqualification of working as an applied psychologist with evidence of having received a substantial amount of clinical supervision (normally in the region of approximately 50 hours).
- Doctoral level knowledge of research methodology, research design and complex, multivariate data analysis as practiced within the clinical fields of psychology.
- Experience of working with a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course presenting problems that reflect the full range of clinical severity including maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse.
- Experience or demonstrable knowledge of working with the particular client group served by the team/service
- Knowledge of guidance and legislation in relation to the client group and mental health.
- Formal training in supervision of other psychologists.
- Evidence of continuing professional development as recommended by the BPS
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.