Perinatal Community Mental Health Nurse - Band 6 Coventry/Rugby Pathway 2 Full time, permanent roles available due to expansion of the team.
Are you passionate about ensuring that women and baby have access to high quality and evidence-based mental health and psychological care? Please note many Trust interviews are currently taking place through Microsoft Teams, this can be downloaded either through the App Store or Google Play for use on your phone/tablet.
Main duties of the job For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.
Maternal mental health is a life-saving, crucial and growing area of practice attracting new funding and bringing together some of the most passionate and skilled health professionals in the NHS. 10% of women develop a mental health problem during pregnancy or within the immediate period after the birth of their baby and untreated can have a devastating impact on the women affected and their families. In the UK, mental health in pregnant and post-natal women has previously often gone unrecognised, undiagnosed and untreated.
Coventry & Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust's national award winning specialist perinatal mental health service work is a multidisciplinary team that is meeting the specific needs of ante and perinatal women with a high quality multi-disciplinary service and linking with the full range of health and social care professionals including GPs, health visitors and midwives as well as gynaecology, obstetrics etc
The service is a dynamic, exciting collaboration across three commissioning groups and three maternity hospitals and a range of community settings, recently winning another wave of funding by NHS England to further enhance and expand services provided to women and their families.
Job description Job responsibilities For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Nurse (RMN)
- Highly developed knowledge and expertise of clinical area of maternal mental health
- Specialist knowledge across a range of procedures and theory
- Professional knowledge acquired through degree/ diploma
- Relevant training and experience specialist short courses e.g. STORM
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- Excellent written Communication skills
- Effective organisational and delegation skills
- Ability to demonstrate and apply problem solving skills to a variety of situations
- Substantial experience in a Mental health care setting
- Developed specialist knowledge
- Recent experience working as an autonomous practitioner
- Significant experience of undertaking assessment, formulation, risk assessment and positive risk management/giving diagnosis
- Demonstrate recent understanding/experience of medication usage/issues with people who are pregnant
Personal attributes Essential
- self motivated
- work on own initiative
- Team worker
- leadership qualities
- Flexible working
- Car driver/owner
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.