We are seeking 2 x BABCP accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (Band 7) to work within our Integrated Psychological Therapies Service based in Carmarthen and Haverfordwest. The role will be split between clinical supervision and training, with the time spent on each area dictated by the needs of the service. The clinical element will involve High Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for people with moderate and severe mental health problems.
Part of the role will also involve contributing to internal CPD workshops for CBT therapists and workshops for other practitioners. Substantial experience of working with people with serious mental health problems is required. This post is advertised as a Band 7 BABCP Accredited CBT Therapist and ideally candidates for this role must have achieved BABCP Accreditation. However applicants who do not currently hold the qualification for the Band 7 role but are eligible to apply for BABCP Accreditation or will meet the criteria, are encouraged to apply and, if successful, will need to attain BABCP Accreditation within 12-24 months and will be appointed under Annex 21 rules.
Main duties of the job
To provide High intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), with complex, difficult to treat patients, as a major part of the role.
Clinically, the postholder will work autonomously, within professional guidelines and the overall framework of service policies, procedures and strategic objectives.
The postholder will make decisions relating to clinical risk and treatment plans based on complex factors, involving the evaluation of a range of options and formulating and planning complex interventions and treatment programs.
The postholder will provide structured clinical supervision for associate / trainee CBT therapists as well as to staff groups within the integrated psychological therapy service and Local Primary care mental health service, when required (in line with demand, capacity and service priorities as identified by management).
To provide training in Cognitive Behavioural based interventions for practitioners, in the wider mental health service, according to service management requirements.
To provide advice and consultation to other members of the mental health MDT, as agreed with CBT Lead.
To utilise knowledge of specialist theory, evidence-based literature and research to support evidence based practice in individual work.
Hywel Dda University Health Board is the planner and provider of NHS healthcare services for people in Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and its bordering counties. Our 11,000 members of staff provide primary, community, in-hospital, mental health and learning disabilities services for around 384,000 people across a quarter of the landmass of Wales. We do this in partnership with our three local authorities and public, private and third sector colleagues, including our volunteers, through:
- Four main hospitals: Bronglais General in Aberystwyth, Glangwili General in Carmarthen, Prince Philip in Llanelli and Withybush General in Haverfordwest;
- Seven community hospitals: Amman Valley and Llandovery in Carmarthenshire; Tregaron, Aberaeron and Cardigan in Ceredigion; and Tenby and South Pembrokeshire Hospital Health and Social Care Resource Centre in Pembrokeshire;
- 48 general practices (four of which are managed practices), 47 dental practices (including three orthodontic), 99 community pharmacies, 44 general ophthalmic practices (43 providing Eye Health Examination Wales and 34 low vision services) and 17 domiciliary only providers and 11 health centres;
- Numerous locations providing mental health and learning disabilities services.
Job description Job responsibilities Annex 21 - This means they will be supported by a development plan. (During the first year payment will be 70% of the top rate of band 7 pay, and the second year 75%). Following BABCP Accreditation status the post holder will then be paid at Band 7. Support and supervision will be provided in order to develop the successful applicant to the Band 7 role. Failure to achieve the qualification in the designated timeframe could result in re-deployment. Applicants' ability to demonstrate this will be considered through the application process, and at interview, if shortlisted.
You will be able to find a full job description and person specification attached within the supporting documents.
The Health Board is committed to supporting its staff to fully embrace the need for bilingualism thereby enhancing patient and service user experiences. In our commitment to increase the number of staff who are able to communicate in Welsh with patients and professionals, we welcome applications from Welsh speakers.
The ability to communicate in Welsh is desirable for this post. If you do not meet the Welsh Language requirements specified, the Health Board offers a variety of learning options and staff support to help you meet these minimal desirable requirements during the course of your employment with us.
Interviews will be held on 07/09/2022
Person Specification Qualifications and Knowledge Essential
- MSc or Post graduate Diploma or in CBT
- Accreditation with British Association of Cognitive & Behavioural Psychotherapy (BABCP).
- Demonstrable theoretical knowledge of mental health of models of psychopathology.
- Knowledge of medication used in common mental health problems
- Knowledge of application of psychological therapy with people with severe mental health difficulties
- Specialist skills with working with people with mental health difficulties.
- Demonstrates an understanding of psychosocial issues that can impact on clients and how they may present. Additionally knowledge of the issues surrounding work and the impact it can have on mental health / benefits & employment systems
- Knowledge of medication used in common mental health problems
- Demonstrates an understanding for the need to use evidence based psychological therapies and how it relates to this post.
- Knowledge of child protection issues and other relevant legislation
- Knowledge of CTP and WARRN
- Good record of Continuing Professional Development
- Prior professional qualification, obtained in Health or Social Care that led to professional refistration held with NMC, HCPC, SCW).
- Qualification in an additional psycholgoical therapy or psychological intervention.
- Qualification in supervision
- Significant experience of working in mental health services across the spectrum of care.
- Experience of working in secondary mental health services.
- Significant experience working as a psychological therapy practitioner and demonstrating the competences as required.
- Experience of teaching and liaising with other professional groups
- Experience of delivering clinical supervision for CBT
- Experience of delivering teaching and training
- Experience of working in Primary Care
- Worked in a service where agreed targets are in place demonstrating clinical outcomes
- High level of enthusiasm and Motivation.
- Able to travel to locations throughout the health board in a timely manner
- Able to work hours flexibly to the needs of the service
- Able to flexibly adapt to the changing needs and demands upon the service.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.