We are looking to appoint two deputy medical directors to work in Community delivery (Mid & South Essex and North East Essex)
Main duties of the job
The postholders will work as part of a leadership team, to provide senior strategic, visible, clinical and professional leadership across the service.
The role will have 4 PA's designated for management and will be incorporated into a wider job plan dependent on specialty, plus you will be paid a generous allowance for the deputy medical director role.
Working for the Trust, you will lead and manage services at service group level and will ensure the delivery of quality services, develop strategic plans, provide medical leadership, support and advice. You will take a commercial approach to services which recognises and adapts to the needs of our service users, ensuring we provide the best possible care and treatment across the Trust.
Essex has something for everyone, amazing scenery, great schools, adventurous outdoor activities, fantastic restaurants and a colourful history, so why not contact us to discover why so many of our staff love living and working here.
To be the leading health and wellbeing service in the provision of mental health and community care.
We care for people every day. What we do together, matters.
Our strategic objectives
We will deliver safe, high quality integrated care services.
We will enable each other to be the best that we can.
We will work together with our partners to make our services better.
We will help our communities to thrive.
If you share that vision and want to make a difference to the people that use our services, then please contact us to find out more.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Open, Compassionate and Empowering. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loan
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
Job description Job responsibilities Key Responsibilities
- To share strategic and operational management and leadership of the Service Group in collaboration with the Service Director and the Director of Quality & Safety.
- To provide clinical leadership across the Service Group in collaboration with the Deputy Director of Quality & Safety and professional leads.
- To ensure the effective delivery of services within service group.
- To represent the trust in partnerships with commissioners, the Integrated Care Partnership (ICP), and other stakeholders.
- To provide feedback to the Chief Medical Director and wider Executive Team.
- To participate in the governance of the service, with particular emphasis on ensuring the effectiveness and safety of clinical interventions and processes.
- To ensure that patients and relatives are engaged in the development of clinical pathways.
- To ensure that patient outcome and clinical outcome measures are embedded in routine practice.
- To maintain high standards of patient experience within the service.
- To ensure that national guidance and evidenced based medicine is embedded within clinical pathways.
- To meet the requirements as a responsible budget holder for the service and maintain an overview of costs across the service.
- To work with the Clinical Leads and managerial colleagues to ensure that the medical care provided by the service meets national standards.
- Play a central role in leading delivery of the Trusts Clinical Strategy.
- Developing the services strategy and implementation along with their management colleagues.
- To have an overview of the clinical staffing within the service.
- To ensure the workforce is effectively managed and provides a sustainable patient service.
- To ensure that the doctors within the service participate in relevant, high quality clinical audit.
- To supervise the Clinical Leads Medical Directors and ensure they effectively coordinate and manage the operation of the medical workforce within the Service Group. This includes their responsibilities with regards to recruitment and retention.
- To hold a regular medical management meeting.
- To contribute to the Trusts Medical Senior Management Team (SMT) chaired by the Chief Medical Director (or Deputies)
- To support the work of the Director of Medical Education and Site Tutors in ensuring that there is an effective and safe learning environment for doctors and medical students in training.
- To provide professional leadership to non-training doctors of all grades working within the Service Group
- To ensure that all clinical staff within the Service Group have undertaken an annual appraisal.
- To ensure that all grades of non-training doctors working within the Service Group participate in annual appraisal to the standard required for revalidation.
- To ensure that all senior and middle-grade doctors working within the Service Group participate in annual job planning.
- To have an oversight of job plans within the Service Group.
- To facilitate medical participation in the investigation of serious untoward incidents, near misses, and complaints within the Service Group and in other Service Groups within the Trust as appropriate.
- To support recruitment of sufficient staffing including doctors within the Service Group.
- To ensure that all new doctors receive an appropriate induction and that mechanisms are in place to provide clinical supervision to all doctors.
- To work with the Deputy Directors of Quality& Safety and the Service Director in the development of and oversight of the implementation of quality and safety strategy and operational plans across the organization
Person Specification Education/ Qualifications Essential
- Substantive consultant.
- Participation in management & leadership training
- Evidence of formal management qualifications at an appropriate level.
Managerial Experience Essential
- Previous medical managerial experience within the NHS.
- Evidence of clinical and/or leadership contribution to the NHS.
- Experience of working in a senior management team. Experience of Service Line Management Experience of leading the development and drafting of policies and procedures
Job Planning / Appraisal Skills Essential
- Familiar with job planning and appraisal process.
- Trained in job planning and appraisal.
Service Transformation Essential
- Evidence of ability to lead service change.
- Completed and led at least one major service transformation project. Evidence of ability to innovate.
Experience of managing performance issues Essential
- Familiar with performance management procedures including PPA procedures, local procedures and GMC procedures.
- PPA Case Manager Training Has attended training in dealing with performance issues and has practical experience.
- Has received root cause analysis training.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.