-Are you self-motivated, dynamic, innovative and flexible in your approach?
-Are you looking for a fresh challenge and opportunity to be involved in further developing the OT services?
-Would you like to work in an environment where the delivery of exceptional patient care and support is paramount?
If so, we have the ideal role for you!!!
This is an exciting time for LPFT, as we continue on our journey of service improvement, undergoing a range of service transformations and delivering high standards of care for our patients.
Based in Lincoln, The Vales is a 15 bedded, female, locked in-patient ward, delivering a person centred, holistic rehabilitation service to those with enduring mental health conditions.
The Vales provides assessment and intervention for women with severe and enduring mental ill-health to support their ongoing recovery and social integration. The whole service is focused on working towards independence and recovery to enable service users to regain health and mental wellness before moving on to live as independently as possible.
The post holder will be responsible for the provision of assessment and treatment for females who may have complex mental and physical health needs.
We are looking for someone who:
· Evidences a high level of understanding of the effects of mental illness, alongside an empathetic and empowering approach to meet the individual needs of the patient.
· Is keen to demonstrate the distinctive contribution and added value the Occupational Therapist can offer the multi-disciplinary team.
· Has delivered training and advice on lifestyle changes and adaptations to the service user’s social and physical environment.
· Is keen to work closely and collaboratively as a dedicated member of the MDT
· Holds strong and compassionate leadership skills
· Previous experience of supervising junior staff members and students
· Experience of involvement in Quality Improvement projects
· Has confidence within group facilitation
· Evidences a dynamic, creative and positive approach
· Exhibits communication skills that shine through, and are essential for this post
Is trustworthy, self-motivated and organised with time
· Has experience and understanding of an array of person centred, holistic, recovery focused interventions
· Evidences an understanding of risk assessments and outcome measurement
· Evidenced in motivating people, building independence and supporting others to learn new skills
· Applicants must possess attitudes and values that reflect the excellent standards we are expecting within the Vales team.
In return we can offer you:
· Opportunity to work on an AIMS accredited Ward, within a forward thinking Trust, recently awarded: Overall rating GOOD in a CQC inspection
· Experience of working in a Trust where a compassionate leadership style is forefront
· Expert clinical supervision and peer support as part of the multidisciplinary team
· Opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities
· An established, friendly and supportive team
· Close working with the MDT and other OTs across the In-patient Division
· Purpose built facilities
· Early access to our staff wellbeing service and psychology therapies
· Excellent working environment.
· Free car parking
· NHS Pension
· NHS benefits
· Lincolnshire is a large county which can offer you whatever you are looking for, in both your personal or your professional life. The county has vibrant towns and the City of Lincoln at its core, as well as idyllic rural villages, offering a high quality of life with affordable living, excellent education and social life facilities – sound interesting?
For further information please contact Gemma Machin (Lead OT, In-patient rehabilitation) Gemma.Machin1@nhs.net
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.