We are holding a recruitment event on the 10th August 2022 in Kendal, come along to discuss and have an interview for this vacancy.
It's an exciting time to join us at Lancashire and South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust and this is unique opportunity to join the in-patient mental health team on Ramsey Unit as a Senior Occupational Therapist.
We are looking for a caring, empathetic, enthusiastic individual who has a passion to improve the lives of our patients.
At LSCFT we will support you in your personal and career development. You will have access to lifelong learning with a great range of training opportunities including a comprehensive preceptorship, leadership and coaching.
Staff wellbeing is important to us and that's why we have our 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, along with our Resilience Hub offering wellbeing support covering emotional, psychological and financial issues. We also offer flexible working options.
Main duties of the job
We are seeking a confident individual with substantial experience who is keen to contribute to the delivery of high quality care and service development. You should have a specialist interest and expertise of working with patients with mental health needs in a challenging environment, with individuals who present with an organic illness. You should have a high level of resilience and patience and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to demonstrate a warm, patient centred approach to care.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate effective leadership skills and engage in multi-disciplinary team working. You will be a key contributor to meeting the team's objectives, promoting social inclusion, health promotion and quality of life. You will have direct line management and supervision responsibilities providing support and leadership to junior staff whilst taking on the role of mentor/assessor.
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as; term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
For more information please visit our website via Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS FT.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached the job description and person specification for more information about this role.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Diploma/BSC (Hons) in Occupational Therapy (OT
- State registered with Health and Care Professions Council
- Post Graduate training relevant to mental health work in appropriate speciality
- Documented evidence of continuing professional development (CPD)
- Practice Placement Qualification (Undergraduate OT student educator) within 1 year of appointment
- Demonstrable competencies in the delivery of assessment of and fitting of simple assistive equipment or the willingness to complete this training within 12 months of appointment
- Detailed knowledge of how mental health problems impact on occupational performance and how occupational therapy theory informs practice within mental health settings
- Knowledge of current best practice in inpatient mental health and awareness of relevant government directives and legislation
- Specialist knowledge and application of OT assessments and interventions using expert level clinical reasoning.
- Knowledge of current research in specialist area and ability to implement into practice
- Ability to work autonomously and set own and others priorities
- Ability to work as autonomous senior OT within an MDT
- Ability to devise specialist interventions to address occupational dysfunction to improve occupational performance
- Ability to reflect and critically appraise own and others performance
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.