An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Clinical/Counselling/Health Psychologist(s) to join our award winning Community Clinical Health Psychology Service in the areas of Diabetes and Respiratory Medicine. The post is permanent and full time, but we would also welcome part-time applicants/ job shares. The post requires a motivated and creative individual(s) to provide integrated care services across county, as part of the specialist hospital based MDTs and out-reach into community based respiratory and diabetes teams. The role is varied including a direct clinical work, indirect consultation, training and teaching, supervision, and offers an exciting opportunity to work across the broader care system.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will work on service development initiatives and evaluation, and have opportunities to contribute and shape local policy. This post is ideal for an individual keen to innovate service delivery and improve the network and pathways within the current national focus of increased integration of physical and mental health. Facilitating best practice in Diabetes and Respiratory care for the people we serve is a core value. The post-holder will join a thriving and dedicated Community Health Psychology Team supervised by the Consultant Clinical Psychologists and Head of Services. The post holder and will be supported to forge links with other psychologists/allied health professionals in both physical and mental health, and with broader specialist networks. East London Foundation Trust is a vibrant forward thinking trust that truly values its people, and is committed to providing opportunities to maintain and develop specialist expertise, and broader career development through opportunities such as training in Quality Improvement and Leadership training. We would welcome nearly or newly qualified applicants to apply, to join our preceptorship program. You may also be keen to develop interests in other areas of psychology such as Mental Health, or Eating Disorders, we work closely as a network and would help consider options that fit to you.
If this advert has peaked your interest then please contact us to find out more: Dr Sara Rassool Consultant Clinical Psychologist, Head of Clinical Health Services on 07733123334.
Job description Job responsibilities
- Take the lead in assessing the need for, and providing training and support in, psychological skills for the multidisciplinary teams delivering care
- Hold a small case load providing specialist individual and group psychological interventions
- Be accountable for their own professional practice in the delivery of a highly specialist health psychology service
- Support and build competency in psychological practice within the teams, by providing training, clinical supervision, consultation, mentorship and advice on matters related to psychological components of care
- Manage and clinically supervise the work of assistant and/or trainee psychologist staff for whom the post-holder has professional responsibility within the services
- Supervise and support the psychological assessment and therapy provided by other relevant professional staff involved in the care of patients
Person Specification Education/ Qualification Essential
- Doctorate in Clinical/Counselling/Health Psychology or equivalence and able to demonstrate eligibility for BPS CPsychol (Chartered Psychologist)
- HCPC registration as a Practitioner Psychologist.
- Clinical supervision training for doctoral psychology trainees.
- Two years post-qualification experience as a practitioner psychologist or equivalent, with experience of psychology in a medical/health settings.
- Experience of working with a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course and presenting with the full range of clinical severity across the range of care settings, including maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the treat of physical abuse.
- Experience of providing teaching, training and/or professional and clinical supervision to a variety of other health disciplines.
- Experience in working in multidisciplinary settings and representing a psychological perspective in teams and services.
- Experience exercising full clinical responsibility for clients' psychological care and treatment.
- Experience of professional management of qualified and prequalified clinical psychologists.
- Experience of the application of psychology in different cultural contexts.
- Experience in the recruitment of psychology staff.
- Experience of assessing training needs in health settings, amongst health workers with varied knowledge and skills.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.