We are excited to be able to recruit to a Consultant Clinical Psychologist post to lead the provision of psychology services across two localities: the first in Blackpool Children and Young People's Psychology Service; the second in Fylde and Wyre Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS).
Main duties of the job
The post will be split equally between both services. The post-holder will be expected to set direction, provide clinical leadership and supervision for the psychologists, CBT therapists and a Family Therapist in both teams, and provide specialist psychological expertise into the wider multi-disciplinary CAMHs service.
The successful candidate will have a track record of leadership skills, expertise in at least one model of intervention, and have specific interest in one of the following domains: neuro-diversity; emerging personality problems/developmental trauma; and psychosis.
The post-holder will be expected to develop the research and clinical approaches to one of these domains across the Lancashire and South Cumbria Integrated Care System (ICS), sharing expertise with practitioners from other localities.
This opportunity comes at an exciting time for the service where psychology is taking a lead role in redesign and transformation, hence candidates should also be able to demonstrate experience in service development.
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as; term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
For more information please visit our website via Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS FT
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached the job description and person specification for more information about this role
Person Specification Education Essential
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology or equivalent for those who trained prior to 1996, including specifically models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics and neuropsychology, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology as accredited by the BPS.
- Post-doctoral training in one or more additional special areas of psychological practice.
- Doctoral level knowledge of clinical psychology including highly developed knowledge of lifespan developmental psychology, models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics and neuropsychology and two or more distinct psychological therapies.
- Doctoral level knowledge of research design and methodology, including complex multivariate data analysis as practiced within the field of clinical psychology
- Knowledge of legislation and its implications for both clinical practice and professional management in relation to the client group and mental health.
- Evidence of substantial post-qualification experience within specialty
- Experience of working with a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course and presenting with the full range of clinical severity across the full range of care settings including outpatient, community, primary care, in-patient and residential care settings including maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse.
- Experience of exercising full clinical responsibility for clients' psychological care and treatment, both as a professionally qualified care co-ordinator and also within the context of multi-disciplinary care plan.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.