An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated Occupational Therapist to join a friendly and supportive OT team working within our Dementia Rapid Response Team based in Chesterfield.
Our service promotes a person centred and non-pharmacological approach to support older adults living with a diagnosis of dementia who live either in their own home or a care home , who may be experiencing or approaching a crisis in their mental health.
The aim of the service is to assist in maintaining the independence and dignity of those living with dementia, with the ultimate goal of preventing hospital admission where possible.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic band 5 Occupational Therapist, who is interested in providing care to adults with Dementia within a crisis service.
We welcome experienced, newly qualified OTs and soon to be qualified OTs to apply.
We offer a comprehensive and supportive preceptorship programme for all new qualified Occupational Therapists.
Our service works 365 days a year, including weekends and bank holidays.
Our shift patterns are 8am to 4pm and 12noon to 8pm.
We also offer longs days 8am to 8pm.
Main duties of the job
As a Band 5 OT you will play a key role in delivering holistic, person-centred assessments and therapeutic interventions.
This will include offering clinical advice on the assessment and intervention of clients' occupational and functional needs.
Within the DRRT, Occupational Therapists are core to the team in providing non-pharmacological interventions.
Our therapy team currently consists of a band 6, a band 5 and an OTA.
You will embrace in the delivery of best practice guidelines for Dementia and Occupational Therapy.
You will need to be a dynamic clinician with good interpersonal skills to enable engagement of service users and their families or carers.
As an employee of Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust you are required to adhere to the Trust's over-riding value of putting patients at the heart of everything we do.
In recognising both the values expressed in the NHSConstitution and the Trust Values you will:
- Take pride in the Trust, show loyalty and commitment.
- Build and maintain trust in all our relationships.
- Treat everyone with respect, recognise people's differences.
- Value everyone, listen to others and respond accordingly.
- Be positive, honourable and honest but also sensitive
- Be respectful, welcoming, polite and courteous.
- Put quality at the centre of all we do.
- Educate and develop ourselves to perform to the highest standards.
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives'.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years & 33 days after 10 years' service
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBT+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
Job description Job responsibilities Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Degree in Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registration (or pending)
- Fieldwork Educator Qualification
knowledge and skills Essential
- Experience of working in a mental health setting
- Experience of/interest in Dementia Care
- Application of OT process to practice
- Effective written/Verbal communication
- Experience of MDT working
- Participation in supervision
- Experience of planning and facilitating groups
- Experience of working in inpatient setting
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.