This vacancy is open to Band 5 Registered Nurses with a minimum of 12 months post qualification experience and successful completion of preceptorship. This is a developmental post with progression to a Band 6 upon meeting the criteria within the Band 6 job description and competency framework specific to Health & Justice Services. This is an excellent opportunity for nurses to join a team working in a rewarding environment where you will get to develop a full range of psychiatric skills and interventions. Additionally to the competency framework, we offer a comprehensive induction and workforce development plan with a vast array of personal, professional and academic training opportunities enabling you to expand your skill set and evidence based practices.
Main duties of the job
Candidates will work across urgent and planned services in order to develop knowledge, skills and experience. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required as well and an ability to work under pressure and with initiative. We are looking for clinicians who will thrive working in a busy environment amongst a wider well resourced team of multidisciplinary professionals, as well as alongside partner providers from a variety of internal and external services.
As part of the new Mental Health contract awarded to TEWV Health & Justice Services in 2020, we are able to expand recruitment for the team at HMP Durham. HMP Durham is a reception prison serving the courts of the East and West of northern England. The prison houses adult male remand prisoners throughout trial and into the early stages of sentencing.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job descriptions for further detailed information regarding the role and main responsibilities.
We require the post holders to be committed to equal opportunities and non-discriminatory practices and reflect the trust values.
We would welcome candidates to contact and arrange a visit to the prison or an informal discussion.
Person Specification Qualification Essential
- RNMH,/RNLD or registered practitioner, current professional registration with NMC or relevant professional body.
- Clinical Supervisor (within agreed timescales).
- Recognised sign-off mentor or must be achieved within agreed timescale.
- Qualified practitioner in e.g. CBT, DBT, PSI, dual diagnosis etc. (within agreed timescale).
- Key skills in literacy, numeracy and ITQ level 2 (or equivalent)
- Leadership or management qualification
- Significant experience working with people with mental ill health in a community setting.
- Working collaboratively with service users and their families/carers.
- Working collaborative with other professionals and organisaitons
- Experience of working in Forensic Services
- Communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers/families and all members of the multidisciplinary team
- Work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and undertake care co-ordinator responsibilities
- Clinical Risk Assessment and Management and its application in practice.
- Awareness of psychological models of care and treatment.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.