Are you interested in a role supporting adults in crisis or acute episode of care requiring home treatment and are you motivated by providing treatment in the community?
If so, our ConsultantPsychiatrist role at our Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Team (CRHT) , may be just the role for you!
We are looking for a Consultant Psychiatrist to join the Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Team (CRHT) at The Department of Psychiatry, Eastbourne, East Sussex. The post covers the areas of Eastbourne, Seaford, Hailsham as well as the surrounding villages & High Weald Lewes and Haven. There are 7 WTE Consultants psychiatrists and one Speciality Doctor for adults of working age.
Main duties of the job
You will provide intensive and responsive crisis resolution and home treatment to adults aged 18 and over with a functional mental health problem, ensuring individuals are treated in the least restrictive approach which is consistent with their clinical and safety needs.
You will work with a highly specialist multi-disciplinary team to provide care in the community consisting of a Specialty Doctor, Clinical Psychologists, Community Nurse's, Support Workers and an Occupational Therapist.
On appointment, the support and facilities you will have access to include the following:
- Good access to on-site parking.
- SAS grade doctor support
- Dedicated office space
- Administrative support allocated to the post-holder
- Support from the service to take on special interest sessions (e.g. clinical interests, medical education, medical management)
On appointment you will have the opportunity to join the Trust wide consultant network as well as having access to peer support from colleagues here in East Sussex.
In addition to all of the above this post attracts a£5000 Golden Hello
Payment and the opportunity to claimup to £8000 in relocation expenses!
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust provides Mental Health, Learning Disability and Substance Misuse Services across East & West Sussex and Brighton & Hove.
The Trust aims to realise the potential of everyone who uses its services and to enable staff to do a great job. Sussex Partnership has teaching status with close links to Brighton & Sussex Medical School and is developing into one of the country's leading Mental Health Trusts. Working with us offers continued professional development, variety and a rewarding challenge. To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see the Job Description for a list of the main duties and responsibilities of this role.
Perhaps you have not decided yet and want to discuss your individual interests in working at Sussex Partnership? Although this job is advertised as a 10 PA post, if you want to discuss different working hours or flexible working
please pick up the phone and talk to us! We want to hear your thoughts and ideas on how our jobs can work for you.
*Please note the Job Description is still with the Royal College for approval. If there are any small changes we will ensure all applicants receive the final version before interview.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.