Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust provides comprehensive mental health services culturally and socially diverse population of 1.2 million spread over 172 square miles, and have an income of over £230 million. We are one of the largest and progressive mental health foundation trusts in the country. BSMHFT employs over 4,000 staff, which is inclusive of 115 Consultant posts and 57 Middle Grade posts.
We are delighted to announce that we are in a position to recruit to a number of vacant medical consultant posts following service redesign and associated staffing restructure.
Applications are invited for Consultant Psychiatrist posts in the Solihull Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service. We are seeking applicants with enthusiasm and appreciation of the challenge of working within a rich, culturally diverse area.
Main duties of the job
Solar is the emotional wellbeing and mental health service for those aged 0-19 years, in Solihull. Provided by Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust in collaboration with Barnardo's and Autism West Midlands, the service aims to meet the emotional wellbeing and mental health needs of children and young people, and support them to move on from the service when they are ready; provide simple and timely access for families and practitioners; provide care which is child and family focused; strengthen capacity within services such as schools and primary care settings and support parents and carers to understand their children's needs and behaviours, and develop strong attachments.
The Consultant Psychiatrists in these posts will play a key role in leading the teams, liaising with other Pathways within the Trust, fostering a close relationship with Primary care to provide a high quality of holistic care for the service users.
Job description Job responsibilities
The professional development of our doctors is fundamental to providing excellent quality services and we offer an excellent academic programme locally. Doctors are also given the opportunity to benefit from supervision and mentoring from team of consultants. We are particularly proud of our excellent collegial working atmosphere and close ties between universities and doctors at all levels. Candidates must have full GMC registration and a CCT in relevant speciality (Child and Adolescent Psychiatry) or be within six months of completion of training or be on or eligible for the Specialist Register at the time of interview. Applicants wishing to work on a part-time basis will be considered.
Person Specification Scoring Essential
- MRCPsych or equivalent
- Full GMC registration.
- Approved under Section 12(2) of the Mental Health Act (1983)
- Obtained inclusion on the Specialist Register
- Be within three months of the award of a Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training(CCT) in General Adult Psychiatry; or
- Be eligible for inclusion on the Specialist Register
- Commitment to personal programme of Continuing Professional Development.
- Training and experience in Child and Adolescent training in a higher specialist training scheme
- Wide range of experience in child and adolescent psychiatry including community based experience
- Experience in teaching/research
- Ability to manage complex situations and tensions.
- Excellent leadership and team working capability.
- Ability to take a leadership role in a multidisciplinary team, ensuring high quality care and staff morale.
- Commitment to clinical audit within multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience of teaching and training at an undergraduate/postgraduate level
- Evidence of potential for effective leadership.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate with young people, parents, families, other agencies etc.
- Ability to work creatively within multi-disciplinary team.
- Willingness to be involved in management of service.
- Able to participate in Consultant on-call rota.
- Able to travel
- Additional post-registration Qualification.
- Experience in Rehabilitation Psychiatry and/or an endorsement in Rehabilitation Psychiatry in higher specialist training.
- Experience serving a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic population.
- Previous management experience.
- Completed clinically relevant audit projects
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.