Band 6 – Inpatient Clinical Nurse Lead- Adult Acute Ward
Are you a Clinical Nurse Lead looking for a new opportunity to work in an organisation that will help you develop and achieve your goals to become the best you can be? If so, you are in luck.
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust has an opportunity to join our team at St Georges Hospital in Stafford. The trust provides physical and mental health care, learning disability and adult social care services across Staffordshire, Stoke-on-Trent, Shropshire, and Telford & Wrekin. In addition, we provide services on a wider regional and national basis including perinatal, eating disorder and forensic services. We deliver out-of-area sexual health services, and our Inclusionservice offers psychological and drug & alcohol services, in the community, and in prisons, and has contracts across the country. We are an award-winning team and when you come to work with us, we will help you reach your full potential. Not only that, we will actively seek opportunities to share the great things you are doing, with others locally, regionally, and nationally.
As a Clinical Nurse Lead from the NHS or private sector, you will join a Trust that puts people at the heart of what we do.
Your career with us will be enjoyable and rewarding as you develop specialist skills and make a real difference for some of the most vulnerable people in society.
It is a career that you can take pride in and enjoy, and together we can make life better for our communities.What you will get:
- An annual salary of up to £39,027 (37.5 hours per week) depending on experience
- Attractive relocation package *
- 35 - 41 days annual leave – including bank holidays(depending on length of service)
- Ongoing career development and training
- NHS Pension Scheme – one of the most comprehensive and generous schemes in the UK
- Wellbeing support, such as access to the MPFT Staff Psychology Service, and additional wellbeing days, along with activities throughout the year
- Annual recognition event recognising our employees who live and breathe our values
- Flexible working opportunities
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, a cycle to work scheme, an annual leave purchase scheme, and much more! * Terms applyThings that you will have:
What you will be doing:
- Registered mental health professional (NMC)
- Post registration course/s at degree or diploma level
- Registered mentor/supervisor
- Leadership qualification (Desirable)
- Non-Medical Prescriber (Desirable)
- A high level of self-motivation and a flexible approach
- Working on an identified adult community mental health ward, with the flexibility of working across wards, dependent on skill and service need.
- Delivering high quality clinical service-to-service users and their families.
- Be responsible for the management and care delivery of patients referred to the Ward, by liaising with statutory and non-statutory agencies where appropriate and developing a network of support to patients and their carers to ensure a high standard of therapeutic care is delivered.
- Responsible for the clinical supervision of other team members where identified.
- Participate in ongoing professional development with a primary focus on clinical skills and knowledge
- Delivering therapeutic interventions, in accordance with an agreed care plan, to an identified group of people experiencing mental health related difficulties.
- Being responsible for the management of the clinical area in the absence of the ward manager.
- Implementing agreed monitoring of effectiveness of care implementing the essence of care guidance.
Through the appraisal process, you will be expected to demonstrate ongoing professional development, including postgraduate study, which may prepare them for future study at Level 7 (for instance MSc Advanced Clinical Practice).
Alongside academic development, you will also be expected to work closely with the MDT to further develop skills and knowledge to aid clinical career progression
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.