An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced CAMHS clinician within the Initial Assessment Team for Wolverhampton CAMHS. The successful candidate will primarily conduct initial assessments on behalf of the specialist CAMH service in Wolverhampton, alongside the opportunity to participate in the work conducted in the Single Point of Access and completing brief intervention work with a small caseload of young people.
Main duties of the job Job Purpose
- To provide a quality specialist service to clients (and their families/carers) referred to CAMHS across all sectors of care
- To promote the reputation of CAMHS
- To provide specialist assessment and intervention for complex mental health needs and to work autonomously within professional guidelines and exercise systematic governance of practice within CAMHS
- Effectively assess and prioritise clinical complexity and risk
- Liaise with referrers and professionals in relation to clinical concerns and queries
- Be a clinical point of contact for children, young people and families
- Effectively liaise with referrers, professionals, partners and agencies in relation to referrals and/or assessments
About us Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust provides specialist mental health, learning disability, and community healthcare services for the population of the Black Country.
Across the whole of the region we provide:
- Adult and older adult mental health services.
- Specialist learning disability services.
- Mental health services for children and young people.
- Community healthcare services for children, young people and families in Dudley.
Job description Job responsibilities Main Duties/Responsibilities
- To provide specialist systematic process for the assessment of children and young people referred into CAMHS. To assess, triage and prioritise referrals ensuring an equitable system and that those with urgent needs are clearly identified and needs are addressed in a timely manner. The post will require independent management of caseload with appropriate supervision and professional management, as per professional body guidelines.
- To provide highly specialist assessments of clients referred to CAMHS based upon the appropriate use, interpretation and integration of complex information from a variety of sources including self-report measures, rating scales, direct and indirect structured observations and semi-structured interviews with clients and their families/carers.
- To provide effective and safe assessment of safeguarding concerns. Liaising and reporting to other agencies where appropriate, including the completion of safeguarding referrals and safety planning.
- To consider the appropriateness of CAMHS referrals in relation to agreed referral criteria and organise safe signposting as appropriate to the needs of the child/young person referred.
- Ensure pathways into CAMHS are accessible for children, young people and families with additional needs e.g., a learning disability.
- To exercise professional responsibility for the assessment, treatment, signposting and discharge of clients.
- To undertake risk assessment and risk management for individual clients and their families/carers.
- To gather comprehensive information from a range of community children/young peoples services and to liaise with services around assessment outcomes and safeguarding concerns.
- To communicate in a skilled and sensitive manner in both written and verbal form, information concerning the assessment and treatment plans of clients referred to CAMHS.
- To maintain and develop skills in the area of professional pre- and post-graduate training and clinical supervision.
- To provide advice, consultation and training to staff working with the client group across a range of agencies and settings, where appropriate.
- To participate as a clinician in the development of a high quality, responsive and accessible service, including advising both service and professional management on those aspects of the service where professional and/or organisational matters need addressing.
- To undertake any other duties of a similar nature consistent with the responsibilities of this post in order to provide a quality CAMHS service.
Person Specification Experience/Qualifications Essential
- CAMHS Experience
- Professional Registration
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.