Health in Mind is an IAPT service providing evidence-based treatments for people with depression and/or a range of anxiety-based difficulties within primary care. Please see our website for further information on https://www.healthinmind.org.uk/ This is a permanent, full-time post (37.5 hours per week) though we will consider applications from those that wish to work flexibly and are open to discussions around remote and home working. We cover the whole of East Sussex (with the exception of Brighton and Hove) and the successful applicant will be assigned to a more specific geographical locality upon appointment. We may be able to consider part time hours. One weekday evening until 8pm is required. You must be
qualified and accredited or accreditable with the BABCP. We will also accept applications from trainee CBT therapists on a post graduate Diploma BABCP accreditable course that are due to qualify in the next couple of months.
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID
Main duties of the job
The main duties include initial assessments following a referral to our service, offering evidence based IAPT step 3 CBT interventions for treatment of a range of difficulties including depression, health anxiety, BDD, panic disorder, PTSD, OCD, GAD and specific phobias. The successful applicant should have excellent clinical skills in assessment and treatment, working collaboratively with both our service users and the wider team. You will be working closely with other professional groups within the team, in particular your step 3 colleagues and step 2 psychological wellbeing practitioners. Providing advice and support to your colleagues is therefore integral part of this role. The ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders, such as GPs, secondary mental health services and non-statutory organisations is encouraged. The post holder will also contribute to broader Service and Trust developments. Please see job description for full details of this post.
About us The client's experience of our service is very important to us
. We work towards supporting clients in their recovery by offering evidence-based therapy with therapists who receive regular and supportive supervision and regular CPD. We promote service user involvement
. Health in Mind has a Service User Steering Group which provides valuable input to our service design and delivery. We care about our staff
. We have a staff-wellbeing-champions team, and are committed to staff engagement. We know that for our clinicians to do a good job they need to feel supported. There is opportunity for varied and flexible working patterns and home working and working hours can be discussed in the interview. We are keen for our clinicians to grow. We aim to offer staff individual appraisals with the opportunity to become involved in a range of activities, such as group-based interventions, teaching, supervision and service development
Job description Job responsibilities
To provide CBT to services users in primary care with difficulties with depression and anxiety in linewith best, evidence-based practice To be responsible for holding and managing a clinical caseload and to exercise autonomousprofessional responsibility for the planning and prioritising of own workload and the assessment,treatment and discharge of clients, within the bounds of the service operational policy. To use analytical and judgment skills and be responsible for taking clinical management decisionsin clinical issues. To clinically supervise Psychological Therapists, Trainee Psychological Therapists and Psychological Practitioners or be willing to undertake supervision training if not trained in supervisionTo provide consultation and advice about psychological issues to other members of theteam/service and other professionals working with service users.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Recognised/accredited postgraduate level training in a psychological therapy as specified in one of the Appendices
- Professionally registered as specified in the same Appendix
- Experience of specialist psychological therapy (assessment, formulation and treatment), as specified in the same Appendix, maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse
- A high level of competence in applying a psychological therapy to complex difficulties appropriate for this therapy with the client group, and a proven track record of delivering positive outcomes in this therapy
- Experience of offering teaching, training and supervision within a demanding organisational context
- Experience of representing psychological therapy within the context of multi-disciplinary care within a complex organisational context
- Significant experience of working with the particular client group served by the team/service
- Knowledge of guidance and legislation in relation to the client group
- A high level specialist knowledge of the theory and practice of specialist psychological therapy as specified in the same appendix, as applied to the client group using this service.
- Experience of the application of psychological therapy in different cultural contexts and experience of working within a multicultural framework
- Evidence of continuing professional development as required by the professional registration/accrediting body specified in the same appendix
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.