Do you want the opportunity to work in a fast paced service that allows you to provide meaningful and effective therapeutic experiences to address common mental health problems? Do you want to work within a team of highly motivated and experienced therapists that are passionate about making a difference, supporting each other and promoting wellbeing?
There is currently an exciting opportunity for dynamic and self-motivated BABCP Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapists to work for Mindsmatter Improving Access to Psychological Therapy (IAPT) Service within the Preston locality.
The Mindsmatter service have dedicated teams of Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners (PWPs), Cognitive Behavioural Therapists and Counsellors who offer a range of support to help people make positive changes to reduce stress and anxiety and improve their wellbeing. Applicants need to have completed BABCP provisional Accreditation or be ready to submit within 12 months.
Main duties of the job
Mindsmatter CBT Therapists offer accessible screening, assessment and treatment for mild to moderate mental health problems, giving service users a greater degree of choice and flexibility. The service offers 1:1 therapy as well as an extensive menu of therapies including psycho-education courses, group CBT, online therapy options and computerised CBT programmes
You will have a proven track record of delivering high quality service outcomes against robust performance measures and have excellent interpersonal qualities; time management skills; an ability to work autonomously; and an enthusiasm for working in an ever-developing IAPT environment.
Minds Matter is an innovative and forward thinking service. We provide rapid accessible mental health screening, assessment and treatment whilst enabling people accessing the service to have a collaborative role in the choice of intervention they receive.
The services are underpinned by a philosophy of mental health promotion, health recovery, choice, empowerment and personal responsibility.
The post is subject to enhanced DBS clearance This post may close early due to high numbers of applications so you are advised to apply promptly.
We want to recruit people to the service who share our values and are confident in their ability to contribute to the demonstrated effectiveness and acceptability of our service.
Staff at Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trustwork to improve lives with a culture based on four corevalues:
We are kind
We are a team
We are respectful
We are always learning
To keep informed of latest trust news and events follow us on twitter@Lscft_jobsand@WeAreLSCFT
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further details on the role. When completing the supporting information
section of your application, please ensure you show how you meet each of the criteria of the person specification providing illustrative examples where possible; as this is what you will be shortlisted against.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Formally recognised Cognitive Behaviour Therapy to Post Graduate diploma level
- AND Professional qualification in health or social care, e.g. RMN or Social Worker. OR KSA equivalence
- oEvidence of working towards BABCP practitioner accreditation. And commitment to complete accreditation within 12 months of appointment
- Knowledge of the IAPT model.
- An understanding of the key performance indicators in IAPT services and how they relate to clinical practice.
- Knowledge of legislation in relation to the client group and mental health.
- Well-developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, complex, highly technical and/or clinically sensitive information to clients, their families, carers and other professional colleagues both within and outside the NHS.
- Experience of delivering specialist Cognitive Behaviour Therapy assessment and treatment of clients in Adult Mental Health.
- Experience of working with a wide variety of clients with presentations of anxiety and depression, including maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse.
- Experience of promoting well being and social inclusion
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.