To work as a senior member of the Community Mental Health Team with service users experiencing secondary mental health difficulties, providing senior social worker and specialist knowledge in the field of Social Care.
Main duties of the job
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic, experienced, and compassionate Social Worker to work as a senior practitioner within our Luton Older People CMHT, to replace a Snr Prac who was recently promoted.
You will be responsible for the social worker agenda in the Luton OPCMHT, overseeing the provision of practical, social, and emotional support services for service users and their carers.
In addition, the postholder will also act as a resource person for all members of the MDT in relation to psychosocial aspects for service users and carers, providing social work support and advice. They will represent the team at the Luton Borough Council funding panel, accompanying the worker to this in the capacity of Senior Social Worker. LAS management training and support will be provided.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations
Job description Job responsibilities
Please for further informationkindly refer to the job description and person specification attached to this vacancy.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Professional in, Social Work, with current registration with HCPC.
- Evidence of post registration continued professional development, qualifications or equivalent experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Practice Educator
- Previous experience of working within a community mental health setting and case load management
- Previous experience of leading others and functioning as a senior social worker
- Previous experience of providing supervision to others, including AYSE Social Workers
- Previous experience of service development, quality improvement and of bringing innovation and new ideas to practice
- Previous experience of working within the NHS
- Previous experience of Leading on complex safeguarding cases and case management
- Previous experience of applying for funding under the care act
- Computer literacy
- Excellent organisational skills - able to prioritise own work and manage own time.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills and the ability to meet tight timelines
- Excellent skills of conflict resolution, negotiation and facilitation
- Acts upon service user and carer feedback and information to improve the way things are done taking personal responsibility for resolving
- Ability to build relationships and negotiate satisfactory outcomes
- Anticipates and takes action in order to create and seize opportunities to avoid crises taking an overview of complex situations to generate new perspectives - 'thinks outside the box' identifies and implements quick wins where possible
- Ability to work across multiples settings in the locality
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Care Act (2014),
- Good knowledge and understanding of Mental Health Act (1983/ 2007/ 2014/5), relevant national standards, No Health without Mental Health (2011) and other relevant national policies
- Understanding of recovery principles and NICE guidance in relation to mental health community services and the ability to ensure that evidence based practice with clear clinical outcomes is embedded into practice
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES (demonstrable) Essential
- Self aware demonstrating a consistent inclusive leadership style focused on achieving the best results and overcoming obstacles
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and able to both/influence and work across professional boundaries
- Takes specific action to improve individual performance intervening promptly and constructively to support.
- Ability to communicate positive expectations of the organisation to teams in a enabling and supportive manner
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, motivate others and be flexible and adaptable to change
- Demonstrates they care and values others, able to acknowledge and reward good work, celebrating team and individual success
- Develop team spirit and inclusivity and respect for each other
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.