Title of Post –Newly Qualified Mental Health Nurses
Are you wanting to progress quickly in your career then we provide a comprehensive continuous development programme from the moment you join us. Newly qualified nurses completes a multidisciplinary preceptorship programme with strong links to the integrated care systems we serve. Our monthly career clinics will support you mapping out your development journey and put you in contact with those who can help and support you along the way. Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation is a member of the NHS Leadership Academy South, and amongst a number of courses and programmes you are offered free coaching and mentoring at points in your career where you need it the most. We take full advantage of the education funding from HEE and ensure this is used across all staff groups and included where needed most, at the frontline
We deliver high quality care across our 140 services and we employ over 2,400 staff serving a population of 1.3 million. Our services are provided in community settings, hospitals and residential homes.
We have a number of opportunities available within our services for both experienced and newly qualifying nurses. We are recruiting nurses to work in our Adult Mental Health in-patient units and our Older Adult Mental Health units at Guildford, Chertsey and Epsom. Although we are a mental health trust, we are open to applications from adult, paediatric and learning disability branches.
Posts are based across the county of Surrey which is recognised as having many areas of ‘outstanding’ beauty and known for its countryside. Surrey is well serviced by excellent rail and road links, as well as being within close proximity of two of London’s main airports; Heathrow and Gatwick. There is easy access to London and the coast, Surrey also has a number of attractions for children and families including theme parks, stately homes and country parks. The county also has excellent schools, making it the perfect place to live and work. About the Team:
We have a fulfilling and varied role within a friendly and supportive team, providing an active management support including regular supervision, mentoring, team and peer support and clear objectives linked to the National Competencies Framework in order for you to meet your goals and opportunity’s and also personal and professional development opportunities About the Role:
We are looking to recruit enthusiastic student nurses who are due to complete their studies in 2022/23 and who have a passion about providing the best possible nursing care to the people who use our services.
As well as traditional posts in our in-patient units we also offer a rotational programme which offers you the opportunity to undertake three 6 month placements starting on our in-patient services (Working Age or Older Adult), then moving to community home treatment services (Working Age or Older Adult), a driving licence suitable for the UK is required for these placements and the final placement would be working with one of our specialist services such as CAMHS Community, eating disorders, criminal justice and liaison amongst others.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in CAMHS we are happy to discuss rotational opportunities within these services too. Our Offer to you:
In addition, to our wide range of benefits we also offer: Flexible working
We offer flexible working as part of our new ways of working, giving you the very best of good work life balance. Career Progressions and Development Opportunities
We are committed to support our staff to do their best and encourage their career aspirations. We have career pathways available, where you will be able to develop your skills and build on your experience to progress into other roles. We have also introduced and developed Nurse Associates & Advanced Clinical Practitioner roles and our Nurses Career Pathway, Physical Health Site Practitioners programme. We offer a reverse mentoring programme to staff from a black, Asian or minority ethnic background. Benefits:
We offer a number of excellent staff benefits and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
- Generous Pay, pensions and leave, we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Training: Increasing student nurse placements, introduction of Clinical Practice Educators, working to the top of our licence in physical healthcare, vaccinations, Infection Prevention & Control, prevention & health promotion, Nursing competency frameworks for key areas such as ligature minimisation, Observations, section 17 leave, Physical Health
- You: Gemba walks - exploring the experience of our inpatient nursing staff alongside the experiences of the people we serve, Schwartz Rounds for all, Safety Culture Assessment, development of well-being offer
Other benefits include:
- NHS discounts, with discount up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands through Health Service Discount website.
- Valuing equality and diversity
- Salary sacrifices schemes for a new car or bike (Car Scheme: tax saving up to£6000)
- Flexible working, and the chance to join our staff Bank
- Appletree Day Nursery
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Support with accommodation
- Staff restaurants at some sites
We look forward to receiving your application.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.