CAMHS Systemic/Family Psychotherapist- CAMHS Permanence Service-West Sussex Band 7 0. WTE substantive
Sussex Partnership Foundation Trust (SPFT) are seeking to recruit a Systemic/Family Psychotherapist to work in the CAMHS Permanence Service (CAMHS PS). This is an innovative multidisciplinary team who provide specialist support to Looked After Children/young people (under 18), and to Children who are placed with family members under a Special Guardianship Order and who are living in West Sussex.
The CAMHS PS team is part of the wider Specialist Child and Adolescent Multidisciplinary Psychological Services (CHAMPS) who provide psychological input to children and young people, who are open to West Sussex Local Authority Social Care services.
We work closely with our West Sussex partners to develop creative therapeutic, systemic and organisational solutions for the dilemmas of children and young people who have experienced abuse and neglect and have been removed from the care of their birth families. You will join a well-established, experienced clinical team with expertise in providing services of a high standard which are well received.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will hold a mixed case load of individual and family work alongside providing network and individual consultations to carers and to our social care colleagues, in addition to providing written assessments/reports. This will be for both children in care and their foster carers, and for children living with their special guardians. You will also join the established CAMHS PS family therapy team to continue to develop our model of therapeutic intervention for special guardians, which includes the provision of a therapeutic parenting group. The post holder will also contribute where appropriate to the provision of training for social workers.
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID
We provide mental health and learning disability care for children, young people and adults across Sussex and for children and young people in Hampshire.
Working in Sussex:
- Travel easily between coast and countryside, with a blend of picturesque villages and seaside towns there's always new experiences to be enjoyed
- Embrace the city life with great access to visit Brighton and London
- With easy access to Gatwick and Heathrow and excellent railway links across the UK there is plenty of opportunity for adventure
Job description Job responsibilities
The successful applicant will have experience in working with complex trauma and attachment issues and will be encouraged to use their systemic training flexibly to develop collaborative and innovative approaches in their work.
This is a Countywide service so traveling to other locations in West Sussex may be required.
Person Specification QUALIFICATIONS Essential
- A recognised qualification in one of the core mental health
- professions recognised by the Association of Family Therapy (AFT)This includes:- Clinical, Counselling or Educational Psychology, Social Work, Psychiatry, Teaching (with substantial counselling experience), Mental Health Nursing, Arts Therapies, Counselling (BACP accredited) Occupational Therapy or Speech and Language Therapy. OR Completed an AFT accredited qualifying level training IN OR PRIOR TO 2007
- Masters level qualification in Systemic Psychotherapy or Advanced Diploma in Systemic Psychotherapy combined with significant and relevant post qualifying experience
- UKCP Registration
- practice in relevant first profession or post completion of AFT accredited qualifying level training in or prior to 2007
- experience of working with children, adolescents and families in CAMHS or elsewhere
- Assessed experience of working with a wide variety of client groups across the whole life course, presenting problems that reflect the full range of clinical severity including a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and physical abuse
- Experience of working with a range of complex child and adolescent mental health difficulties at the acute and chronic stage
- Experience of risk assessment and risk management
- Knowledge of and skill in using a wide variety of systemic
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.