An opportunity has arisen for Registered Nurses to join our team on Ward 36 at the Radbourne Unit; currently an all male acute ward.
We pride ourselves on being a caring, considerate and transparent nursing team whilst working with positivity alongside the wider Multidisciplinary Team.
Upon completion of any preceptorship you will have the opportunity to join the Band 5 to 6 development programme as outlined below.
We really value our nurses; whether you're a final year nursing student or already practicing. You will strengthen our innovative and experienced teams and contribute to the high standards of Care that we provide to the people of Derbyshire.
You must hold a current NMC registration (or be a final year nursing student eligible for NMC registration).
Main duties of the job
- Work as part of a team responsible for the delivery of Patient/Client Centred Care.
- Promote and support service user and carer involvement as autonomy and choices are an integral part of the philosophy of the Trust.
- Respond to the needs of people in an honest, non-judgemental and open manner which respects the rights of individuals and groups.
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure that clinical services are delivered to the highest standard and in accordance with the most recent evidence based guidance.
- As a registered nurse, be personally accountable for your professional practice that will be delivered in accordance with the legal and professional responsibilities outlined by the NMC.
- Ensure that services are provided in a safe and supportive environment and at all times adopt a professional approach to your work promoting a positive image to service users/carers and the general public.
- Always act in a way which reflects the Trust's Values and Principles
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives'.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years & 33 days after 10 years' service
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBTI+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
Job description Job responsibilities PLEASE NOTE: To view the Job Description and Person Specification, please click ON APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site, you will need to register if you do not already have an account.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- RN Part 3/13 (or due to gain)
- Educated to Diploma Level (or willing to work towards)
- Evidence of up to date Personal Development Plan, Professional Portfolio
- Demonstrate the development of post registration clinical competence
- Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of professional accountability and codes of conduct and their application in practice.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.