An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly experienced leader, academic trainer, and highly expert clinician in an evidence based psychological therapy, to lead a large team of dedicated, enthusiastic andexpert staff at the Psychological Therapies Training Centre at Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust. The Training Centre was established in 2000 to run a Postgraduate Diploma programme in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy in partnership with the University of Manchester.
We have since expanded our portfolio to the delivery of more than 14 distinct programmes/pathways in evidence based psychological therapies across a broad range of therapeutic modalities, mostly at postgraduatelevel. We have been highly successful in attracting funding from Health Education England as part of national projects aimed at Improving Access to Psychological Therapies across Adult and Children & Young Peoples' services, and now employ over 80 staff, most of them also in current clinical practice, and train in excess of 400 students per year.
Main duties of the job
With the forthcoming retirement of our current Lead, we are looking for a highly expert Psychological Therapist with excellent and proven leadership and management skills, and a comprehensive command of the strategic issues related to increasing the quality, quantity, breadth and accessibility of evidence based psychological therapies in public health settings. They will have extensive experience of programme design and delivery in a Higher Education setting, excellent interpersonal skills, and thecommitment and enthusiasm to take us forward as we continue to develop as a significant provider of postgraduate clinical training in an NHS setting.
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.
Job description Job responsibilities
See attached job description and person specification...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Person Specification Education / Qualifications Essential
- Doctoral Degree or equivalent qualification in Mental Health relevant subject area
- High level post qualification training in an Evidence Based Psychological Therapy
- Relevant Professional Accreditation in the Evidence-Based Psychological Therapy
- Recognised supervision qualification
- Recognised teaching qualification
- Recognised management/ leadership qualification
- Sufficient post qualification experience in mental health relevant settings to have developed the competencies required for the post
- Substantial supervised practice experience of using an Evidence-Based Psychological Therapy to an advanced level
- Substantial experience of delivering training and supervision of an Evidence-Based Psychological Therapy to a range of other professionals
- Track record of successful development and delivery and management of Evidence-Based Psychological Therapy training programmes
- Experience of research/evaluation related to training programmes
- Experience of delivering to University requirements including the writing of programme specifications, and the implementation of University academic quality procedures
- Experience of using an online Learning Platform to support educational delivery
- Experience of financial, strategic and personnel management and liaison across multiple systems
- Experience of strategic liaison with managers, workforce leads and commissioners, including participation in the development of national curricula
- Track record of successful development of funding bids for training activity
- Success in having research published in professional peer-reviewed journals
- Advanced knowledge of the theoretical basis of the relevant Evidence-Based Psychological Therapy
- Knowledge and understanding of national policy and strategic context of the Improving Access to Psychological therapies projects across Adult and Children and Young Peoples' services
- Knowledge of financial, strategic and personnel management and liaison across multiple systems
- Understanding of the NHS Long term plan and NHS Psychological Workforce plan
Skills and Abilities Essential
- Excellent leadership skills, and a track record of highly effective leadership of people and projects
- Ability to evaluate highly complex situations that require analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options (e.g. formulation of complex clinical problems) within psychological frameworks and to advise other professionals regarding these
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate effectively in a range of modalities and to a wide range of audiences (students of varying levels of knowledge, managers, commissioners, national project leads etc)
- Able to use common software packages such as Microsoft Office
- There is an occasional requirement to travel extensively across the wide footprint of the Trust, the Northwest region and to regular DH meetings across the country
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.