Dudley Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Team Band 6 Community Psychiatric Nurses (Full time 37.5 hours) 2 x Substantive posts
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Band 6 nurse to join Dudley Crisis Resolution Home Treatment. We provide short-term intensive support in the community to individuals with acute mental health needs as an alternative to hospital admission.
We provide a 24 /7 service, and nurses are expected to work shift patterns to cover this. Most team members work 3 long shifts, which helps to promote a good work-life balance. There are also opportunities for extra shifts.
Main duties of the job
Are you a passionate mental health nurse who wants to make a real difference to individuals and their families? Do you want to play an essential part in a person's recovery journey? If so, working with Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Team could be for you!
We are looking for enthusiastic nurses who will provide compassionate, person-centred care to adults experiencing mental health difficulties. We offer rapid assessment and short term intensive treatment in order to support individuals and their family/carers through mental health crises. Through a recovery approach, we aim to prevent hospital admission or to facilitate discharge from hospital.
You will find the team extremely supportive whilst you are growing into the role. We have a good team spirit, and great team work is at the heart of the service.
The Trust offers a flexible approach to working, opportunity for development and training, regular supervision and annual personal development reviews.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will need to have relevant experience in either hospital or community settings, and have transferable skills for assessing mental health needs /risks and formulating care plans for individuals who might be in high level of distress with a variety of needs.
If you are interested in this post, we welcome you to come and see how we work and to meet the team.For more information or an informal chat, please contact Helga Hayward - Team Manager-email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone01384 325039.
Person Specification Education/Qualifications Essential
- oRegistered Mental Health Nurse
- oPost registration experience teaching and assessing Evidence of Post Registration training in area of speciality
- oSubstantial experience of working with people with acute mental difficulties
- oExperience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- oExperience of working with a diverse client group in a diverse setting
- oExperience of working with a community setting
- oRisk assessment/management
- oUnderstanding the organisational framework in which the service operates
- oMental Health Legislation and policy
- oCrisis intervention in the community
Skills/Personal qualities Essential
- oAbility to make plans and assess risk as the lead professional on the scene. oTo make clear and realistic assessments of situations and to communicate clearly and unambiguously with colleagues from a variety of backgrounds
- oAbility to work in partnership across agencies and services
- oAbility to manage and deal effectively with crisis.
- oAbility to negotiate treatments and promote medication concordance
- oWillingness to acquire unfamiliar knowledge and play a part in all types of work that the team decides is appropriate
- oEnthusiasm for working with people in their own homes
- oBe compassionate, empathetic and caring to everyone
- oEnable yourself and others to act with confidence and authority in order to achieve the best outcome for everyone
- oAct with transparency and honesty; respect and value others to do the right thing at the right time for everyone
- oWork with others. Be inclusive by understanding and valuing others to achieve the best results for everyone and everything we do
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.