Values-Based Screener: At Hertfordshire Partnership Foundation Trust, we are looking for people to join us who share our values and those of the NHS. Before your application can be considered, please take part on our online values questionnaire, which you can find a link for below. When you have finished, you will be sent a 'completion code' by email, which will be valid for 6 months and will be required when you submit your application form.
HPFT is an ever-expanding, exciting Trust aspiring to be the leading provider of mental health and specialist learning disability services in the country. We have an outstanding track record of service delivery and quality, and are rated as 'OUTSTANDING' for quality of service provision by the CQC. We are consistently in the top 10% of low secure services. Would you like to join an innovative organisation committed to ensuring delivery of the best care by the best people? Exciting opportunities have arisen at our Medium Secure and Low Secure Learning Disability Units for Band 5 Staff Nurses. If making a difference to the lives of others motivates and inspires you, join us to become part of something truly amazing.
- Come along to our Warren Court/4 Bowlers Green Recruitment Event on Tuesday 12th July at Woodlands Community Hub in Leavesden Country Park, Abbots Langley. The event starts at 12:00 midday and will finish no later than 3.30pm. Initial interviews will be held on the day, time permitting, so please come prepared.
We are looking to recruit additional registered nurses to join our hard-working and committed teams at Warren Court, our Hertfordshire-based medium secure unit for people with learning disabilities. This is the perfect opportunity for Mental Health and Learning Disabilities Nurses seeking a new challenge in a dynamic and rewarding environment where no two days are the same. The Ideal Candidate:
Our service-users are our number one priority, so we need people who are committed to supporting others, even at more challenging times. Excellent communication, interpersonal, organisational and team-working skills are essential for this role, as well as the ability to use initiative and act in a calm manner. The successful candidate will also need to reflect the Trust’s key values by being welcoming, kind, positive, respectful and professional at all times. Job Overview:
On a day-to-day basis, the role will involve assessing, planning and implementing evidence-based care, working as part of a multi-disciplinary clinical team, and as the named nurse for an identified group of service users. The post-holder will also help run shifts and assist the team leader, supporting and acting as a positive role model to more junior members of the team. Working hours will involve shifts, including some nights, weekends and bank holidays. Qualifications And Training:
Successful candidates must have RNMH/RNLD/RMN and be registered with the NMC. Previous relevant experience is desirable but not essential as we offer training to ensure staff are skilled to the highest standards and feel confident in their ability to do the job well. We also offer a fantastic one-year preceptorship programme for newly registered nurses that allows them to develop their clinical, communication and leadership skills within a structured framework of support and development. Staff Benefits:
- 27 days annual leave, rising to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Access to one of the UK's best pension schemes
- Flexible working options across the Trust including compressed hours, term-time contracts, part-time working etc
- Childcare support
- One-year preceptorship programme for newly registered nurses
- Continuing professional development opportunities
- Access to vocational qualifications
- Regular appraisal, plus monthly Inspire Awards and annual Staff Awards
- Access to a wide range of discounts from NHS discounts and other local and national sites
- Subsidised gym membership
- Access to free, confidential counselling service for all staff
- Access to a spiritual care team offering support to people of all faiths
- Access to an equality and diversity staff network providing support for staff
- Recognition of a number of trade unions
For further details / informal visits contact:
Name Lauren Parsons Job title Project Officer, Herts Forensic Services Email address email@example.com
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.