We are recruitinga Senior Psychological Therapist- Trainee lead
to join our expanding IAPT service.
Health in Mind is an improving access to Psychological Therapies service (IAPT) that offers a full range of IAPT compliant therapies and job roles. As a service we support people presenting with mild to moderate anxiety disorders and depression. Please see our website for further information on https://www.healthinmind.org.uk/.
This is a permanent, full-time post (37.5 hours per week) though we will consider applications from those that wish to work flexibly and are open to discussions around remote and home working
. We cover the whole of East Sussex (with the exception of Brighton and Hove) and the successful applicant will be assigned to a more specific geographical locality upon appointment.
Main duties of the job
We are looking to recruit a Senior Psychological Therapist whose will have responsibility for the clinical leadership of Step 2 & Step 3 trainees within the Health in Mind service. This is an exciting opportunity for a CBT accredited clinician looking to progress, develop their leadership skills and hold the agenda for the trainees. With IAPT services expanding and the workforce growing this is a great opportunity to be part of that.
The role will require you to have a number of years of supervisory experience of both those in training and qualified CBT clinicians and have extensive experience of practicing as a CBT therapist within IAPT. The role will involve close liaison with the universities that the trainees attend and also ensuring the safe practice of those learning and developing their CBT skills by working closely with the Locality Clinical leads in the service.
The successful applicant will require a high degree of organisation, working across all localities within the service and managing the challenges this can bring with time management and prioritisation. The position will then develop as the trainees progress to trained status to take on a leadership role in ensuring high quality care and safe practice of the workforce across the service.
As a large mental health trust Sussex Partnership places a huge focus on the wellbeing of our staff, as well as ensuring our reward packages reflect the immensely important work they do. We can offer you:
- The opportunity to work in an expanding service, which has national recognition.
- Access to numerous wellbeing and support programmes, run by our internal wellbeing team
- Excellent supervision programmes, with ongoing opportunities for training and development
- Access to a host of discount schemes (including gyms, shopping, restaurants and cars)
- A position within a trust rated as 'Outstanding' for caring and 'Good' overall by the CQC
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID
Job description Job responsibilities
For full details of the role and responsibilities please see attached job description
If you have any questions regarding the role and would like to make contact please email Helen Lofthouse, Health in Mind Clinical Lead firstname.lastname@example.org
Person Specification Knowledge, Training and Experience Essential
- Doctoral level qualification in a. Clinical or Counselling Psychology, or equivalent or extensive experience of delivering psychological therapies to an equivalent level
- Post Graduate Training in CBT to diploma, masters or doctorate level.
- BABCP accredited or eligible for accreditation by BABCP within a one year period
Experience and Knowledge Essential
- Extensive experience of undertaking psychological therapy with patients with common mental health disorders
- Experience of treating patients with a range of psychotherapy presentations.
- Experience of working in a range of mental health settings including Primary Care, outpatient, community
- Application of CBT to complex mental health problems.
- Psychological theories that relate to human lifespan.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.