Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is a General Medical Council (GMC) Sponsor employer. This opportunity is open to UK based and International Consultants
We offer a generous salary package worth up to £114,003
per national terms plus fringe, on-call payments and an extra
£25,000on top of salary which include recruitment premia, relocation allowance professional development support and much more. Our organisation
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care services for people of all ages with mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey & North-East Hampshire. We deliver high quality care across our 140 services and we employ over 2,500 staff serving a population of 1.3 million. Our services are provided in community settings, hospitals, and residential homes. Our mission and values “For a better life”
- Treat people well
- Create respectful places
- Be Open, Honest, Accountable
- Involve not ignore
We provide a comprehensive range of services including in the community and hospital settings: talking therapies, mental health services for adults, children and adolescents, drug, and alcohol, learning disability, eating disorder, Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder clinic, forensic and other mental health.
To view our latest CQC report please click on the link provided in this advert in the Further Links section.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a full time 10 PA Consultant Psychiatrist in Working Age Adult at our well-established Surrey Heath Community Mental Health Recovery Service. The post is based at Theta, Lyon Way, Frimley, Camberley, Surrey GU16 7ER. The employing organization is Surrey & Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
The CMHRS provides community care following the Care Pathways underpinned by the principles of clinically focused risk management. The goals are of clinical progression within a recovery framework. This is a well-resourced team & you will work closely the other part time Consultant, a full time speciality doctor, Service Manager, Clinical Leads, Psychologists, CPN’s, Occupational Therapists and trainee doctors with an admin support team. Research, study, audit and quality improvement are strongly advocated and SABP actively support your involvement. There is also access to the weekly trust wide academic programme.
You will have:
Key new developments over the past three years include:
- A recognised basic Medical Degree and MRCPsych or equivalent, Section 12 Approval and AC status.
- Full Medical Registration (GMC) with a Licence to Practice
- Approved Clinician Status and approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act
- Management qualification or evidence of an interest in developing leadership skills
- Research, study, audit and quality improvement are strongly advocated and SABP actively support your involvement. There is also access to the weekly trust wide academic programme.
- The Single Point of Access (SPA) – who screen & triage all new referrals prior to them reaching the CMHRS.
- The implementation of the Care Pathways – which focusses on providing evidence based, specific interventions by cluster for the person’s recovery journey.
- The implementation of GPiMHS – a newly funded service which provides a mental health service in primary care for those persons who do not require or meet the threshold of secondary care.
- NHS Consultant Grade £84,559 - £114,003/annum + £149 fringe + on-call payments
- GMC Sponsorship
- £15,000 recruitment premia over 3 years
- Relocation allowance: up to £8,000*subject to policy requirements
- Sponsorship for international candidates: up to £3,199
- £2000/year CPD allowance *subject to policy requirements
- NHS Pension: employer’s contribution14.38%from day one
- Subsidised nursery places
- Car Scheme: tax saving up to £6,000
- Discounted Nuffield Gym Membership
- Generous annual leave and sick pay
Surrey is recognized as having many areas of outstanding beauty and is well known for its countryside. It is well serviced by excellent rail and road network links, as well as being within proximity of two of London’s main airports, Heathrow and Gatwick. The team base is just off the M25 and there is easy access to London and the coast. Surrey has many attractions for children and families. The county also has excellent schools within the area, making it the perfect place to live and work.
Assessment Centre: to be confirmed
Interview Date: to be confirmed
For further information and / or to arrange an informal visit please contact:
Dr Avleen Sawhney
SW CMHRS Medical Lead
Service Manager SH CMHRS
Regarding the recruitment process please contact
Shuile Syeda Medical Recruitment Officer
on Shuile.Syeda@sabp.nhs.uk or + (44)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.