Are you looking for a development opportunity? Do you have an interest a passion for the care of older adults?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a full-time lead nurse has arisen to join the busy & dynamic South Derbyshire and Dales Older Adult Community Mental Health Team. Our Team is very supportive, and you will be encouraged to continue with your professional development with the help of regular supervision.
You would have knowledge & skills in the treatment, and management of older adult care delivery for those patients with complex organic and/or functional mental ill health in a community setting.With experience of triaging referrals and demonstrate skills in prioritising urgency.
The post would suit an enthusiastic, motivated, flexible, confident, compassionate practitioner who has ambition to provide an excellent service who works well within a team but is also able to work independently.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be an experienced mental health practitioner who will act as the Duty worker and process referrals into the team as well as responding to urgent calls.
Excellent communication skills as there will be a requirement to attend MDT & CST meetings, signpost into our crisis services, Memory Assessment Service, work closely with our Voluntary Sector, Health & Social care to ensure the most appropriate service according to the service user presenting needs.
Skills are required to complete initial assessments, support and empower patients and their carers with behaviours that may challenge causing carer stress & exhaustion.
You are required to produce person centred care plans with a living well/recovery focus and work within CPA framework.
As a member of the team, we expect that you have a focus on inclusion, the trust visions and values, puttingpeoplefirst, respectothers, and are open & honest. We also feel it is imperative that we offer the 'Right Service at the right time' to service users within our Community.
The post holder will be required to engage in CPD including a mix of self-directed learning and mentored practice supported by internally and externally taught training.
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives'.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years & 33 days after 10 years' service
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBTI+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
Job description Job responsibilities Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Experience of working with Older Adults with organic and/or functional ill mental health
- mentoring in practice
- membership of professional body NMC
- Experience of working in the community
- experience of working with people who have severe and enduring needs
- experience of supervising staff and students
- knowledge and application of theoretical models of practice
- High level understanding of Mental health disorders and treatment models
- detailed knowledge of legislation relevant to Mental Health and Specialist practice where appropriate
- working knowledge of the principles of CPA
- knowledge and application of Nursing assessments and interventions and outcome measures, relevant to client group
- excellent verbal and non verbal communication skills
- understanding of Nursing Professional Code of Conduct, revalidation and core skills, and their application in practice
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.