We have an Exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, experienced Band 7 Advanced Practitioner to join North Dales Community Mental Health Team.
You will require Advanced skills and knowledge of working with adults with complex mental health difficulties and social care needs in the community. You will be expected to carry your own caseload of higher risk, more complex patients and work alongside the wider multi-disciplinary team. You will be expected to work autonomously in a fast paced environment and provide clinical leadership within the multi-disciplinary team.
You will work alongside the leadership team , providing supervisory skills to support staff, caseload management, delivering therapies/support to a caseload of patients with complex mental health needs.
The post holder will be able to provide evidence of Advanced Clinical skills through Continued Professional Development . You will hold a non medical prescribing qualification or be willing to achieve this, as it is deemed an essential element to the role.
You will be working as part of a resilient and professional team working collaboratively with internal and external partners to meet the needs of patients. The team takes a recovery orientated, formulation driven approach, which values shared decision making. Strong team working is essential.
Main duties of the job
To carry your own caseload of higher risk, more complex patients that have both mental health and social care needs.
Assessment and prescribing for patients (NMP)
To be the professional lead for nurses in the designated specialty, leading on professional development and ensuring the delivery of robust evidence based practice.
To lead the establishment of systems that support the development of clinical practice, to ensure that the developments are embedded within the team and are sustainable.
To ensure high professional standards of nursing practice in accordance with the NMC code of Conduct, with professional accountability to the Nursing and Governance Directorate.
To lead the planning, implementation and participation in training and educational activities relevant to Practice Development for nurses in the designated specialty.
This is a busy integrated community mental health team providing secondary care assessment and intervention for patients utilising the combined pathway. This is done in collaboration with the patients, families/carers and other health and social care professionals.
All staff work in accordance with the Staff Compact and Trust Values and Behaviours.
We are compassionate in meeting the needs of vulnerable peopleand their families and carers working effectively in distressing and challenging circumstances.
Many staff in the team work flexibly to support their work life situation and this can be further explored taking careful consideration to service need.
Staff in the team are committed to continual quality and service improvement.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached job description and person specification which outlines the main duties and responsibilities of the role.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Nurse - RNMH/RNLD,
- Current professional registration with NMC.
- Significant Evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
- Key skills in literacy, numeracy and ITQ level 2 (or equivalent)
- Masters or willing to work towards
- Teaching in clinical practice certificate.
- Recognised sign-off mentor or willingness to work towards. Must be achieved within agreed timescale.
- NMP or willing to work towards
- formulations and delivering evidence based interventions
- knowledge of safeguarding principles and there application in practice
- knowledge of the structured clinical management approach
- psychological interventions
- Significant experience of Working with adults in the community with severe mental health difficulties
- Able to administer depot medication, carry out physical health observations
- significant experience of managing a complex caseload
- Experience working in a community mental health team at band 6 level
- Experience of working in a mental health care provider environment.
- Experience of working within an integrated team
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.