Tele-coach Practitioner – First Response Service (Revised Job Description)
- Are you someone looking to start a career in one of the UK’s most respected mental health trusts?
- Would you like to do a job that makes a difference every day?
- Would you like to experience life in one of the UK’s most beautiful areas, with exciting cities, charming countryside and magnificent coastlines?
We are seeking to recruit a number of enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join our mental health First Response Service, an exciting newly commissioned service based in Exeter. The team promotes a dynamic and innovative way of working, triaging and responding to crisis referrals. The role encompasses the NHS principle; right care, right time and right place. The First Response Service triages mental health crisis calls and referrals, providing tele-coaching psychologically informed interventions, support, guidance and signposting. The service further delivers timely and responsive face to face assessments where indicated.
Devon Partnership NHS Trust is growing as we establish ourselves as one of the leading providers of mental health services in the country.
Working as part of Devon Partnership NHS Trust, you will make a difference to people’s lives from the moment you start.
£25,655 - £31,534 per annum pro rata (Band 5) Full & Part Time hours available We welcome applicants from an OT or Social Work background.
This is an ideal post for anyone who has considerable experience and knowledge of working within mental health. Psychology or health related graduates are welcome to apply. Tele-coach Practitioners complete clinical risk and mental state assessments by telephone, providing short-term psychological interventions for people presenting in mental health crisis in view of sign posting them onto the most appropriate service to meet their care needs. This is undertaken with direct supervision from senior clinical practitioners.
Working via telephone, Tele-coach Practitioners are experts in emotional validation, de-escalating crises and coaching people regarding distress tolerance techniques, promoting emotional regulation interventions. Using a range of psychologically informed interventions, Tele-coach Practitioners empower people using the service and their carers / families to manage crises more safely and effectively. Successful candidates will work a variety of shift patterns providing 24/7 support to the service.
We are looking for recovery focussed and confident individuals with excellent communication skills. The role includes the tele triage of crisis calls or referrals to the Trust, coupled with managing requests for clinical information. The role further consists of providing advice, guidance, support and signposting. You will at all times be supported and supervised by a senior clinical mental health lead. We will support you to develop the skills required to thrive in this role and provide training with developmental support to pursue a fulfilling career.
We would encourage applications from individuals who have recently obtained their degree.
Your base will be in Exeter, however under the current COVID-19 conditions this may be subject to alternative arrangements/change for example home working. Please be assured that any alternatives will be discussed fully with you and the organisation. Please ask the appointing manager if you have any questions.
Join us at Devon Partnership NHS Trust and you’ll be joining an award-winning organisation that is passionate about mental health and learning disability. One that cares about the people it supports – and one that also cares about its staff.
You will be part of a team that is compassionate, supportive and genuinely committed to working together with the people who use our services, their families and carers in everything that we say and do.
Our offer to you
We recognise our people want to learn and develop, becoming the best that they can be. We offer all our staff a range of training opportunities including a variety of in-house training programmes designed and delivered by experts, and opportunities to access external training where appropriate.
In addition to ongoing training and development opportunities, we are committed to providing an environment in which you can thrive.
Benefits of working at Devon Partnership NHS Trust include:
- Commitment to flexible working
- 27 days of annual leave per year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years’ service with the NHS so you can really enjoy what Devon has to offer.
- Individual personal development plans and a commitment to ongoing training - including opportunities to work in different services to build your experience and skills.
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our Staff networks
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme and reduced public transport rates
- Structured learning and development opportunities
The First Response Service team is located in Exeter
Great place to work. Great place to live
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.