The Trust is pleased to offer these permanent Applied Psychology posts within our Working Age Adult services. The posts are established at Band 8a for candidates with appropriate experience and expertise. We would welcome interest from newly qualified or less experienced candidates as we have the flexibility to appoint as a preceptorship (Band 7). It is anticipated the preceptorship will develop into the full role subject to meeting agreed performance markers (JD and responsibilities adjusted accordingly). We are looking for talented psychologists who are committed, enthusiastic and confident in delivering an applied psychology approach in secondary mental health care.
The post-holders will join innovative and resourceful Complex Psychological Interventions (CPI) teams, which are embedded in the multi-disciplinary, community mental health Recovery services in Gloucester.
Main duties of the job
- To be responsible for promoting the psychological health and well-being of clients in a designated locality or team within the Trust.
- To directly provide and coordinate highly specialist psychological assessment and intervention services to individuals/ groups/organisations, using a variety of applied psychology models.
- To clinically supervise pre-qualified psychology staff and provide placements and supervision to Doctoral Clinical Psychology trainees
- To utilise research skills for audit, policy and service development
- To be named Care Co-ordinator for designated clients
- The successful candidates will bring a strong interest in working with adults with complex/severe mental health issues and their families, and will be committed to the principles of person-centered and psychologically informed service delivery. The postholders will have excellent professional and clinical skills directly relevant to the specialism, and experience of work within the NHS.
The role requires the delivery of an applied psychology model of working, that promotes and supports effective psychological outcomes through direct and indirect models of working.
This post requires the post holder to be able to undertake all statutory and mandatory training and post holders must be able to undertake physical interventions. Fitness for physical intervention will be assessed by Occupational Health.
A valid UK driving licence plus the use of own transport for business purposes is essential. For qualifying staff the Trust has a Lease Car Scheme in place and also offers a popular Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme with our partner Tusker.
To ensure you fully understand how the Trust, as a Data Controller, will process and store your data please read the attached document 'Applicant and Staff Privacy Notice' prior to applying for the role.
Candidates for any staff appointment shall, when making application, disclose in writing to the Trust whether they are related to any governor. Failure to disclose such a relationship may disqualify a candidate and, if appointed, may render them liable to dismissal.
Job description Job responsibilities Detailed Job Description
and main responsibilities are available in the attached Job Description for the applicant.
Person Specification Knowledge Essential
- Post Graduate Doctoral level training in Clinical Psychology, as accredited by the BPS (or equivalent level health-relevant Applied Psychology training, as accredited by the professional body)
- Registered as Practitioner Psychologist with the HCPC or equivalent
- Membership of specialist interest groups relevant to client group
- 140 hours post qualification CPD
- Well developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, complex, highly technical and/or clinically sensitive information to clients, their families, carers and other professional colleagues, both within and outside the NHS
- Experience of maintaining working relationships and a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical aggression
- Experience of acting as a Care Programme Approach (CPA) coordinator, key-worker or similar
- Broad range of post-qualification experience, preferably working at a highly specialist level in an increasingly autonomous capacity
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.