We are looking for B5 Occupational Therapists to join our new community rotation. We have rotational posts in our Community Rehabilitation , Intermediate Care and Stroke teams across Hull and East Riding, and on our community ward also. You would receive supervision from senior clinicians, and would be well supported in your teams. This is an ideal opportunity for candidates who are expecting to qualify this summer, and for Occupational Therapists who would like to work in a community setting.
Main duties of the job
You will be offered supervision on a regular basis, and will be able to network with other Occupational Therapists in our Professional Development group. You will also be able to take part in Slip training and will be able to supervise student placements, where appropriate. CHCP offers excellent training and development opportunities for staff, and we welcome creativity and new ideas that can contribute to improvements in patient care.
The post holder will offer a high standard of evidence based occupational therapy, working as part of a multi-disciplinary/multi-agency team within a specific service area.
To be responsible for own autonomous practice and ensure effective patient/client care is maintained.
At CHCP, we're passionate aboutpeople
and we know that you are too, that's why we're here isn't it? We recognise that high quality care is delivered by high quality professionals who are appreciated, respected and supported, which is why we want to give all our colleagues the chance to shine.
Work with us and you'll be more than just a number. Our people are our shareholders and their thoughts and opinions are always heard;at CHCP you have a real voice.
Compassion is at the heart of our business; we're a team of nearly 2,500 colleagues who work together to deliverfirst-class healthcare
to thousands of people living in Hull, the East Riding, Knowsley, St Helens and Wigan. Local diversity demands diverse roles, that's why we have vacancies to suit everybody. No matter your role at CHCP, we'll support you to thrive.
As the 13thlargest social enterprise in the UK, we're pioneering the move towards independent service delivery. Join us on our journey and help us make history.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached the Job Description and Person Specification for the main duties associated to the role.
If youre interested in finding out more about this role, please contact Mel Haynes , Operations Manager/Professional Lead Occupational Therapist ( 07525 873572)
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Diploma or Degree in Occupational Therapy
- State Registration with the Health Care Professions Council
- Demonstrable experience as a Practice Educator of pre-registration students
- Evidence of current CPD/formal qualifications at an advanced level e.g. degree or post graduate level or equivalent knowledge/experiential learning
- A broad understanding of relevant policy, legislation drivers and their application to clinical and service area, e.g. Mental Capacity Act, Social Inclusion
- Knowledge of occupational therapy models of practice, standardised assessments and their use
- Basic IT skills
- Full understanding of relevant policy, drivers and their application to clinical and service area, e.g. NSF, Social Inclusion
- Full understanding/application of relevant clinical practice/standards/audit within identified clinical area
- Willingness to undertake and complete preceptorship
- Appropriate knowledge/experience of working in community and adult physical health clinical practice areas
- Understanding of caseload management and responsibilities
- Evidence of continuing professional development (CPD) relevant to the clinical area
- Evidence of specialist practice skills and able to demonstrate the impact of this on practice change/development
- Evidence of promoting/supporting active user involvement and participation
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.