This post has been developed following increased service demand due to Covid-19. We are therefore seeking a creative and flexible band 6 social worker to help improve the lives of children and families by developing the role of social work, engaging with children and young people who have complex needs and enhancing their journey to better mental health.
This band 6 post is ,open to registered social workers with relevant qualifications and working at the level of Experienced Social Workers as defined in the Professional Capability Framework (PCF), who are enthusiastic, motivated and demonstrate a commitment to a high standard of care.
Main duties of the job
The main focus of this role is to ensure that social work continues to make a major contribution towards the service development for Children and Young People with complex needs.
This will include support for children and young people transitioning between services, and placements, offering enhanced knowledge regarding the support needs for those diagnosed with autism and in addition, guidance, advice and service development for service users and carers and multi-disciplinary teams from the point of contact of accessing services throughout the treatment journey, promoting shared decision making and compassionate leadership.
The role will work in Teesside across the range of multi agency provision within the I Thrive framework and the successful applicant will work alongside a senior Social Worker. It is envisaged that this post will establish strong links with our Childrens Services partners.
Wellbeing and teamworking is very important to us and we welcome applications from people who want to make a difference and involve service users in their care and recovery. You will be working with a caseload of service users, carrying out assessments and working in collaboration to support them in their recovery. This involves providing evidenced based care pathways and utilising other community services where appropriate. A commitment to working with older people is essential.
Due to the nature of the role it is essential that applicants are able to travel independently across the locality and have access to a suitable vehicle for business purposes. If necessary, adjustments can be considered in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
Job description Job responsibilities
To work within a multidisciplinary team to provide appropriate social work assessments and deliver interventions to individuals, families and carers in order to support recovery, promote self-management, and minimise risk
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Social Work qualification
- Registered with Social Work England
- Practice Educator qualification
- Experience of working with psychological models of care
- oDemonstrate an ability to be a role model for social work, set expectations for others and contribute to the public face of the organisation and/or profession as identified in the Professional Framework Capabilities for Experienced Social Workers
- oDemonstrate knowledge to a post graduate level of evidence based practice in collaboratively working with children and young people and families including NICE guidance
- Detailed knowledge of safeguarding and its application in practice
- Up-to-date knowledge of social care and mental health strategies
- Experience of working collaboratively with Local Authorities and other stakeholders
- oEvidence of working within a social care setting
- oEvidence of working within a multi-disciplinary team
- oEvidence of using detailed risk assessments and formulation of subsequent care plans,
- oExperience of using trauma informed care
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.