We are looking for a motivated individual to lead the day to day operations of the West ICMP Team
The post holder will be responsible for the day to day management of the Bromley West ICMP Team.
The post holder will be expected to provide strong leadership to the multi-disciplinary team, working closely with colleagues from other disciplines, to provide a cohesive multi-disciplinary service.
The post holder will be expected to provide clinical and management supervision of staff, including performance management.
The post holder will be expected to chair MDT meetings and zoning meetings with the MDT, providing oversight of the day to day running of the service.
The post holder will be expected to ensure appropriate systems are in place to manage risk and ensure staff are working to expected standards.
The post holder will be expected to foster a culture of learning and and to promote service improvement. Additional contact information
Margaret Adedeji: Locality Manager - Bromley West
firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07552008168/02086592151
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be expected to coordinate and lead team functioning with particular focus on:
- Management of referrals, assessment and treatment.
- Performance monitoring and management
- Line Management and supervision of staff.
- Deliver a service within the agreed budget ensuring maximum value in terms of clinical and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure that a culture of effective risk management is present in the team
- To lead on management of complex cases and supporting staff in management of such cases.
- Ensure that the team functions in line with the agreed operational policy.
- Co-ordinate recruitment and selection of staff within the team, leading on decisions as designated by the Locality Manager.
- Respond to serious untoward incidents as appropriate and support any subsequent investigation
- Respond to Safeguarding Adult alerts as appropriate
About us Oxleas - About Us
Oxleas offers a wide range of NHS healthcare services to people living in South East London and Kent and to people in prison. Our services include community health care such as district nursing and speech and language therapy, care for people with learning disabilities and mental health care such as psychiatry, nursing and therapies. Our multidisciplinary teams look after people of all ages and we work in close partnership with other parts of the NHS, local councils and the voluntary sector and through our new provider collaboratives. Our 4,000 members of staff work in many different settings including hospitals, clinics, prisons, children's centres, schools and people's homes. We have over 125 sites in a variety of locations across the London Boroughs of Bexley, Bromley Greenwich and into Kent and manage hospital sites including Queen Mary's Hospital, Sidcup and Memorial Hospital in Woolwich as well as the Bracton Centre, our medium secure unit for people with mental health needs. We are one of the largest providers of prison health services providing healthcare to prisoners across Kent and South London. We are proud of the care we provide and our people.
Our purpose is to improve lives by providing the best possible care to our patients and their families. This is strengthened by our new values:
- We're Kind
- We're Fair
- We Listen
- We Care
Please note that Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust operate a probationary period. Further details are available on request.
Job description Job responsibilities
Above and please see job description
- Ensure complaints are investigated fully, within the time limits ensuring a proactive approach is standard and in accordance with trust policies.
- To ensure that there are relevant forums within clinical teams for the dissemination, and embedding of learning points from complaints and serious untoward incidents
- Respond to communications regarding team issues
- Ensure equality and diversity is considered in all aspects of the teams business.
- Supporting the Trusts reputation and that of all senior colleagues, maintaining a positive attitude with strong commitment to results.
- Promote and display via personal actions support for the Trusts key policies on Equality and Diversity and use of the recovery orientated approach for people with longer term problems
- Work with other team managers to ensure the locality provides a seamless service.
- Ensure that job plans are developed, are reflective of service needs and are regularly reviewed and adjusted to meet the demands of the service.
- Deputise for the Locality Manager as and when required.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Significant experience of and demonstrable achievement in clinical practice in variable settings Experience of providing professional support/supervision and motivation of staff Understanding of Health and Social Care Governance Experience of managing staff
Managerial Experience Essential
- Ability to provide and receive complex and emotive information with staff, service users, carers and other stakeholders
- An open and facilitative style of leadership which can be adapted when necessary to ensure delivery of objectives
Knowledge & Skills Essential
- Good performance management knowledge and skills
- Experience of Community integration/transformation
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.