Due to additional resource funding, we are delighted to to offer a fantastic Band 7 opportunity within our Children and Young Peoples (CYP) Therapies service. Are you looking to extend your leadership skills, as well as continuing to develop your specialist clinical skills? If so, this opportunity could be just right for you. In conjunction with our partners in Education we have developed this new role to offer the best support for children/young people with SLCN in mainstream education settings and supporting the Hertfordshire Professional Promise.
We are looking to recruit to Band 7 SLTs to join our friendly team of therapists and assistants. We have 2 posts available; 1 full time post based in Stevenage, and a part time (18.75 hours per week) post based in Hertford. You will be joining an innovative and agile CYP Therapies service committed to delivering high quality care and transforming lives. Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust provides Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy Services for families across the county. Our service is jointly commissioned by health and education, allowing us to provide a seamless pathway of care from early years through to schools, specialist provisions and further education settings.Main duties of the job
As an Education and Training Lead your specialist role will involve:
- partnership working with other leads across the County, developing and shaping the service
- working collaboratively with mainstream education settings, developing relationships with 'clusters' of schools (within Hertfordshire DSPL areas), and developing an understanding of their needs
- being a point of contact to clusters of schools and providing leadership support to the therapy teams working within these clusters
- working with therapy teams and settings to provide training and specialist advice and support
- seeking regular feedback from schools and being responsive/making changes to service provision that will benefit the wider Hertfordshire system
- setting up/planning training packages relevant to the schools and providing support to others
There will be opportunities for you to facilitate professional supervision groups and provide Managerial Supervision to less experienced colleagues.
- half termly group supervision and peer support
- regular managerial supervision and a well-established appraisal system
- CPD opportunities such as bitesize tutorials, peer review
- a hybrid model of face:face and remote working
- a 2 week induction period where you will have the opportunity to observe and shadow your team
- access to a named budd
A big thank you for considering joining us at Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust
You'll find it a great place to work with many benefits offered to you as a member of our staff
We put our patients, their families and carers at the centre of our vision - Outstanding Services and Healthier Communities
Our staff are proud to be Innovative, Caring and Agile in their work to help achieve the Trust vision
We welcome diversity in our workforce and are interested in applicants from all backgrounds
We don't want you to miss out so we'd like you to know that if we have a high level of interest in this role, the vacancy may close prior to the advertised closing date, so please make your application as soon as possible - Apply nowYou've made a great decision to apply to join to HCT - we're looking forward to taking the next steps of the journey with you.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see Job Description attached, which details the responsibilities within this post. Also attached is the Person Specification.
Successful candidates will be enthusiastic and motivated. Advanced communication, clinical reasoning and organisational skills are essential. You must be a team player but be able to work autonomously and have the ability to champion the needs of children and young people.
Applications for full time and part time work will be considered. A full valid driving licence and access to a car to use regularly for business purposes is essential (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010). In addition to the basic salary, this post attracts a High Cost Area Supplement of 5% of basic salary subject to a minimum payment of £1,066 and a maximum payment of £1,845 per annum (pro rata where applicable and dependent on base location)
I love working in CYPT/HCT - everyone in the team is super dedicated. There is strong management support, but also space for being flexible and creative to meet childrens needs; innovation & good practice is valued and encouraged. I enjoy & appreciate the robust supervision structures, training in supervision & coaching, and the many opportunities for personal development and learning, including for example in-house training days and tutorials. I have worked in many teams across Hertfordshire, all without exception friendly and welcoming. There is an ethos of peer support and encouragement & sharing learning; everyone works hard but there is a sense of belonging and always time for a quick chat and plenty of laughs. I feel valued here and I value my lovely colleagues and the fabulous children & young people we work with.
Whilst it is not a legal requirement, Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust encourages and supports all staff to be vaccinated as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19
Interview date is set for 27th July 22Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- Highly specialist knowledge acquired through degree or equivalent qualifications, including further theoretical training and experience to Master's level equivalent in required speciality
- Continued Professional Development evidenced by attendance at short specialist postgraduate courses to maintain and develop own specialist knowledge and expertise.
- Recognised Speech & Language Therapy Degree Qualification or equivalent (Post Graduate Diploma or MSc in Speech & Language Therapy leading to registration with HCPC)
- HCPC Licence to Practice, Registered member of Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists, Membership of relevant CEN
Experience and KnowledgeEssential
- Experience of working with Education stakeholder and partners.
Skills and abilitiesEssential
- Experience of working with different professional disciplines and agencies related to the specialism
- High level clinical skills including assessment and diagnosis
- Demonstrated experience of working in the relevant specialist clinical areas
- Experience in providing assessment, diagnosis and intervention for CYP with a range of SLCN.
- Working knowledge of electronic patient record system.
- Experience and commitment to involve patients and service users in the design and development of service provision
- Evidence of involvement in service policy development in area of specialism.
- Knowledge of NHS, Education and social care policy including Tribunals and directives where these impact on area of specialism or service delivery
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written, including the ability to liaise and negotiate
- Ability to communicate and receive complex and sensitive information
- Knowledge of barriers to understanding & ability to explain complex issues simply.
- Able to analyse and interpret complex data
- Computer literate including use of Excel spreadsheets, databases and PowerPoint
- Hold a full valid driving licence and access to a car to use regularly for business purposes is essential (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010).
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.