We are seeking to recruit and train two additional Apprentice Clinical Associate Psychologists in our adult mental health service. This is a recent exciting development and we welcome this expansion of our existing team of ten psychological therapists and six ACAPs. You are very welcome to apply if you have a degree in psychology (second class or above) and experience of working with people with mental health problems, ideally within the NHS.
The role will include working with people with severe and enduring mental health problems. You will be trained to Master level by Exeter University in association with the BPS. Once qualified, (the course will be 18 months) you will then be employed on a band 6 permanent contract. You will be supervised throughout the apprenticeship by senior psychological therapists or psychologists. You will be based in three consecutive service areas in rotation. The placements will include acute mental health care (delivering groups on the ward and brief interventions to patients in the CRHT) and OPMH (this will include cognitive assessment). The final placement will be in the community teams.
Your key duties will be:
We will contact you via NHS Jobs if you are shortlisted for interview.
- Co-facilitating groups (DBT and stabilisation skills groups for people on our trauma pathway)
- Providing brief one-to-one interventions including
- Teaching emotion regulation and distress tolerance skills
- Behavioural Activation
- Sleep hygiene
- Problem solving
- adapting interventions for people with cognitive or sensory impairments or Asperger’s
- Motivational Interviewing for dual diagnosis patients
- Assisting qualified therapists with exposure work and behavioural experiments in community and domiciliary treatment, including supporting use of virtual reality for exposure
Candidates selected for interview will be contacted before the given interview date; therefore you should check your emails regularly including junk mail folders. Please be advised that we may choose to close adverts early should we receive a high number of applications.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.