We are looking for a Service Manager with a clinical/practice background
to lead a specialist team working with forensic service users, improving their pathways through secure services and into the community under the relatively new Specialist Community Forensic Team.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to recruit an energetic, enthusiastic person to this vital role within the Forensic and Rehabilitation service line. You will lead the team and work closely with our other services Forest Lodge, Forest Close and CERT.
Main duties of the job
As Service Manager you will be responsible for outstanding care delivery and demonstrate excellent leadership within a whole team approach. As a leader within the service you would role model efficient and safe service user care, working with the team to ensure effectiveness.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience of working with people in both hospital and community settings with a variety of complex needs and will be able to demonstrate a high level of leadership in a large team setting. You will also be able to demonstrate significant clinical experience and be able to support and motivate the team. A professional qualification in Mental Health is essential with current registration with NMC, HCPC or SWE.
The successful candidate will play a significant role in the ongoing development of the service and improving quality.
We are passionate about providing the very best care to the people we support, and we're looking for amazing people who share this passion to join us.
What is it that makes our Trust such a special place to work? Well, it's all about the people. Our staff, service users, carers and families all come from such diverse backgrounds and all have expertise and stories to share.
It's important that you feel supported in your role, that the people who you work with are as passionate as you are and that your health and wellbeing is taken care of
If you're interested in developing your career, you'll have access to a range of training and education opportunities, including apprenticeships, work experience and placements, as well as the chance to get involved in research.
We are all very proud of the difference we make to people's lives each and every day and if that's something that you'd like to be part of we'd love to have you with us.
Job description Job responsibilities
The Service Manager is part of a senior management team, operationally responsible and accountable for a defined clinical delivery area or multiple areas. The management team may be different according to the specific clinical area of the service. The management team may include (but not exclusively) any combination of a General Manager, a Matron, a Clinical or Medical or Therapies Lead.
- As part of the management team, the post-holder is responsible for managing all aspects of the service(s) (in some areas this will require management of specific service managers/business managers/senior clinicians and nursing staff) ensuring that the service areas with which they are aligned meet operational and quality objectives and targets.
- The Service Manager in conjunction with the management team will lead on the planning and delivery of service targets and objectives in line with the Trusts annual business planning round, and actively monitor delivery throughout the year, coordinating resources across teams or service areas as necessary. The Service Manager may liaise with commissioning bodies in the development of plans as appropriate.
As detailed within the attached job description and Person Specification
Person Specification Training and Qualifications Essential
- oRecognised management qualification (at degree level or equivalent) or professional qualification (at degree level) in Health or Social Care related field.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Health or Social Care Management
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- Ability to manage the systems and processes to support the achievement of policies, improve performance and ensure best value for service users and stakeholders.
- Ability to motivate staff to develop practice and embrace change
- Excellent communication skills across a range of media and audiences / environments
- Able to demonstrate a genuine commitment to ensuring that services meet the needs of service users and their carers, and are delivered with sensitivity
- Experience of managing/supervising others
- Knowledge of fostering a culture of trust and transparency, with a workforce committed to continuous improvement
- Partnership working with other statutory and voluntary agencies
- Experience at a senior management level, including managing change and introducing new ways of working for a range f staff groups. Experience of A/I Our Values: Respect Compassion Partnership Accountability Fairness Ambition multi-professional collaboration at a senior level
- Experience of setting, monitoring and evaluating change programmes
- Experience of managing change and introducing new ways of working
- Extensive experience in mental health in both inpatient and community settings.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.