Consultant Older Adult Psychiatrist - 10.5 PAs (including on call) In-patient Service, The Harbour, Blackpool
*Golden Hello payment Payable
* This post is eligible for a 5% payment of basic salary payable over 2 years
Main duties of the job
You be part of a contingent of 9 Older Adult Consultant Psychiatrists in the locality. The Older Adult mental health services in the Network provide both community-based and in-patient services, across Lancashire and South Cumbria.
The Harbour provides the major portion of inpatient services for the older adult and adult mental health services. The post holder is supported by 3 other Older Adult Consultant Psychiatrists in leading and delivering in-patient services at The Harbour.
The hospital was designed with extensive input from service users and clinicians and is based on good practice guidance and 'safety by design' to ensure that it can provide high quality care. The ethos of the unit is to provide therapeutic care which is empowering, person centred, needs led, and focuses on promoting recovery and independence.
- Average caseload 16 patients covering functional and organic wards
- High Staffing ratio- 4 consultants, 2 SAS and 9 Juniors to cover 4 wards
- Excellent opportunities to develop as an Educator, Medical Manager, Appraiser or an Academic Researcher
- Well established cross trust Older Adult peer forum
- Study leave budget of £3k over 3 years or up to £5k over 3 years for newly qualified Consultants
We recognise the demands on our in-patient workforce and staff at Harbour have access to excellent facilitates including a Gym and regular well-being sessions.
This post is also offered with a recruitment incentive.*
Job description Job responsibilities This post is eligible for a bonus payment of 5% of basic salary paid in 4 instalments over 2 years. Do get in touch with us to find out more about our posts and this added welcome bonus to all our eligible new appointees
Please see the Job Description for further details. The Job Description has been approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
Applicants should hold full GMC registration and be included on the Specialist register of the GMC or they should be eligible for entry to the Specialist Register within 6 months of the interview date.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MBBS or equivalent
- GMC registration and licence to practise
- On Specialist register or within 6 months
- S12 or within 3 months
- AC status or within 3 months
- Excellent knowledge and experience in specialty
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.