South Kingston Community Mental Health Team
NHS AFC: Band 7
Full time: 37.5 hours per week
South Kingston - Community
£45,024 - £50,806 Per annum Inc HCAS
SWLSTG is at the beginning of an exciting journey of transforming our community mental health services. In 2021/22 the Trust will benefit from significant investment in community mental teams to strengthen provision across all our boroughs.
Over the course of the next three years we will work with our community partners to establish integrated delivery hubs bringing together primary and secondary health teams with voluntary sector providers across each of our boroughs, beginning with Sutton in 2021. As part of this transformation, you will support the move towards a new Community Mental Team and your post will be part of this exciting development.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a band 7 Team Manager in South Kingston Community Mental Health Team based at Springfield Hospital.
Main duties of the job
You would be expected to provide robust line management and clinical leadership to the Band 6 nurses and other members of the multi - disciplinary team including OT, psychologists, Recovery Support workers and Employment Specialists.
You will work closely with the consultant psychiatrists and other medical staff, and have good working relationships with HTT, wards, the SPA team and other urgent and crisis care services in order to provide the highest quality care and treatment to mental health patients referred to our service
We offer a number of excellent staff benefits and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave,we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance,we support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, compressed hours and Agile Working from home.
- Career development,There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes with secondment opportunities
- Subsidised car parking- You can park at any of our sites at a reduced rate of £20/month.
- NHS discounts,with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
Other benefits include:
- Eye examinations
- Looking after your health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car lease scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Free gym membership
We look forward to receiving your application.
The Trust is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from people who have experienced mental health problems. South West London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust is a smoke-free Trust.
Job description Job responsibilities
The post holder will provide clinical leadership for the nurses and operational leadership for the team.
It is a large, busy and interesting service that provides mental health care for patients in both South East and North East of the borough.
The team is in the process of being split into two teams: South East and North East and you will if successful be managing the North East Team.
Person Specification TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS Essential
- oEducated to degree level in a health or social care discipline
- oEvidence of continuing professional and personal development
- oProfessional management qualification at diploma level or above
- oProject Management qualification e.g. PRINCE2 foundation level
- oDemonstrable experience of working in a health or social care management role
- oExperience of working with people who experience serious ongoing mental health problems
- oExperience of working in a mental health setting
- oExperience of working in a multidisciplinary team
- oExperience of managing and supervising staff
- oExperience of contributing to policy and procedure development and implementation
- oExperience of managing and monitoring budgets
- oProject or change management experience
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS Essential
- oSpecialist knowledge of effective models of mental health and social care provision
- oKnowledge of Safeguarding issues and child protection requirements/legislation and how these apply to the role
- oKnowledge of counseling skills, group skills, cognitive skills, and behavioural skills
- oKnowledge of legislation related to nursing, social workers and other professions
- oKnowledge of recent initiatives in nursing
- oKnowledge of psychosocial interventions
- oKnowledge of our business and how it supports patient care
- oClear understanding of the Mental Health Act, and National Policy
- oPolicy design, development and implementation skills which impacts across own professional discipline
- oAudit and Research skills
- oGroup facilitation skills
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.