#Grow your Medical Career at NHFT Job Title: General Adult Consultant PsychiatristService: Inpatient mental health Hours: Full Time 10 PAs per week / part time and flexible hours negotiable
Main duties of the job About the role:
NHFT are currently looking to appoint a General Adult Consultant Psychiatrist to our inpatient service. About you:
The post holder will need to share the values of NHFT, demonstrating a commitment to clinical excellence, shared leadership & collaborative working which aims to deliver improvement and innovation. Being able to work independently as well as part of an MDT is essential and it is important that the successful candidate is able to foster positive working relationship across services and motivate their peers.
You need to be MRCPsych or equivalent with full registration, licensed and specialist registered or eligible within six months of obtaining your CCT on the date of the Advisory Appointment Committee. The ability to travel to all locations within the Trust is essential.
In return we can offer:
- Generous Relocation upto 15k and Welcome packages upto 10k
- Opportunities to pursue areas of specialist interest e.g. ECT, rTMS, gender dysmorphia, prison psychiatry, ketamine infusion etc.
- Flexible hours/ job share opportunities
- Access to a dedicated research and innovation team
- Mentorship and Undergraduate education opportunities
There are many opportunities to be involved in clinical research and you will have access to the Trust research fellows to help develop research ideas. The Trust already has a portfolio of research studies in Old Age Dementia and Physical Health.
Job description Job responsibilities
Here at Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (NHFT) we are committed to making a positive difference. Whether this is to the life of our service users, patients and carers or the careers of those who work as part of our fantastic team. The Trust is committed to developing you and prides itself on being a diverse and equal opportunity employer. NHFT are proud to have been awarded an OUTSTANDING by CQC rating since 2018.
The Trust also has a strong emphasis on Staff Engagement and is award winning in this area as well as being highly commended for Wellbeing and Staff Engagement initiative; with a range of accessible services and initiatives to improve Consultant wellbeing. This includes opportunities for frequent Consultant Away days and opportunities to attend the Trustwide Wellbeing Event.
We also offer family friendly policies such as flexible working and support for working carers.
NHFT have a number of opportunities for training, innovation and research, providing opportunities for growth both clinically and in leadership. The Trust provides a study leave annual package of 10 study days and up to £1000 per year. The post holder will also be offered a wide range of opportunities for taking on additional PAs from Prison clinics to the Section 136 rota that operates within the Trust.
Person Specification Behaviours and Values Essential
- oIn good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- oDemonstrate commitment to shared leadership & collaborative working to deliver improvement
- oAbility to work independently as well as part of A MDT
- oAble to form a good working relationship with the peer group
- oWillingness to undertake training and CPD in areas appropriate to this post
- oAbility to work under pressure
- oWillingness to participate in in-house training
KNowledge and Experience Essential
- oFull GMC Registration
- On specialist Register/CCT in General Adult psychiatry or eligible for Inclusion within six months
- Approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act
- oAdditional Postgraduate Qualifications
- oPublication of original research
- oManagement training
Skills and Abilities Essential
- oExcellent written and verbal communication skills
- oEvidence of the ability to communicate with patients, colleagues and staff at all levels.
- oAbility to present complex information to a variety of audiences including courts and tribunals
- oAbility to motivate and develop junior Medical Staff and other MDT members
- oTo balance individual requirements against those of the Directorate and Trust as a whole
- Post holder will need to take initiative and work in a self-directed manner
- an Understanding of the political and framework within which the services operate
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- oWide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
- oAble to plan and deliver undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training relevant to this post
- oExperienced in clinical research and / or service evaluation
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.