Band 7 Practitioner Psychologist
Come and join our expanding crisis resolution and home treatment service in North West Sussex!
With national recognition of the importance of treating people in their home environment when experiencing a mental health crisis, West Sussex CRHT teams have received a boost in funding to expand the service offered to people in crisis. Careful thought has been given to the whole pathway and there is a strong commitment to increasing access to psychology and psychological therapies both in frequency of contact and in the range of interventions available. In order to meet this need and take part in the exciting re-design of services, we are advertising for a band 7 Practitioner Psychologist Post based in Crawley. This post will offer a full range of evidence-based psychological interventions as well as complex assessments, formulations and consultations to colleagues from other disciplines within the team. You will be a strong team player who will support MDT colleagues to deliver psychologically informed interventions though the provision of supervision and reflective practice and where appropriate, to supervise Band 6 Psychological therapists. We will also look to our new post-holders to support wider pathway working, working alongside other teams to support service users at points of transition between services. We are excited about these developments and the positive impact on the local communities that our CRHT's serve.
Main duties of the job
As part of the wider adult mental health service you will also be joining an established community of psychologists and psychological therapists who bring a rich variety of skills. We place a high value on staff wellbeing and you will receive regular clinical supervision from an experienced clinical or counselling psychologist as well as a commitment to your own continuing professional development. Sussex Partnership is well-known for the excellent range of CPD opportunities available to staff including accredited training in EMDR, Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy, Family Interventions in Psychosis, Interpersonal Psychotherapy and many more.
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust provides mental health, learning disability and substance misuse services in and across Sussex. The Trust has teaching status and is developing into one of the country's leading teaching mental health trusts. Psychological Therapies are highly valued in Sussex Partnership and Psychological Therapists occupy a range of senior positions across the Trust. Working here offers continued training and development, variety, plus all the benefits of living in Sussex. West Sussex is a beautiful county with great schools, good transport links, vibrant communities, rural areas, and tourist attractions, including the Coast and the South Downs. We would welcome informal visits and / or a telephone call to tell you more about our service and this post. The Trust has recently been rated by the CQC as Good overall and Outstanding for care.
Job description Job responsibilities
We are really keen to talk to prospective candidates about the service and about their ideas for the role. We would therefore strongly encourage you to make contact for an informal discussion. You can speak with me, Pallavi Bala, Principal Psychologist and West Sussex Professional Lead for Psychological Therapies, on 07471217099, email@example.com or Kimann Jones, Crisis & Urgent Care Service Manager, on 07391 868 441, firstname.lastname@example.org
. We would be very happy to arrange an informal visit if you would like to come and meet with our teams.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Recognised/accredited postgraduate level training in a psychological therapy as specified in one of the Appendices
- Professionally registered as specified in the same Appendix
- Knowledge/Experience Essential
- Substantial post-qualification/accreditation experience of specialist psychological therapy (assessment, formulation and treatment), as specified in the same Appendix, maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse.
- A high level of competence in applying a psychological therapy to complex difficulties appropriate for this therapy with the client group, and a proven track record of delivering positive outcomes in this therapy
- Experience of offering teaching, training and supervision within a demanding organisational context
- A clear and theoretically informed approach to supervision
- Experience of representing psychological therapy within the context of multi-disciplinary care within a complex organisational context.
- Significant experience of working with the particular client group served by the team/service
- Knowledge of guidance and legislation in relation to the client group
- A high-level specialist knowledge of the theory and practice of specialist psychological therapy as specified in the same appendix, as applied to the client group using this service.
- Experience of the application of psychological therapy in different cultural contexts and experience of working within a multicultural framework
- Evidence of continuing professional development as required by the professional registration/accrediting body specified in the same appendix
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.