Consultant Psychiatrist - General Adult Inpatient Psychiatry, Chorley (10PA)
*Golden Hello payment Payable
* This post is eligible for a 5% payment of basic salary payable over 2 years
We are seeking to recruit a substantive Consultant Psychiatrist to work on Worden Ward at Chorley and South Ribble Hospital. This post is full time (10 PAs). Worden Ward is a male, acute psychiatric ward with 15 beds. The post holder will carry no responsibility for outpatient work.
The postholder would be expected to participate on the Consultant On Call rota, for which additional remuneration would be payable.
Main duties of the job
The Consultant Psychiatrist plays a key role in planning appropriate treatment and intervention for each patient on the ward. The main clinical duties are in assessment and treatment planning for new patients and existing ward patients within an MDT structure. The post holder is expected to show a high degree of flexibility and co-operation with the team.
Applicants should hold full GMC registration and be included on the Specialist register of the GMC or they should be eligible for entry to the Specialist Register within 6 months of the interview date.
It is a requirement that applicants are Section 12 Approved at the time of commencing employment and have or are eligible to have Approved Clinician Status. Remuneration will be as set out in the terms of the New Consultant Contract according to previous experience.
- At least 2.5 SPAs as standard for a full time post (we would be flexible in looking at enhancements to support other activities that support the wider ambitions of the Trust).
- Excellent peer support group
- Study leave budget of £3000 over 3 years or up to £5000 over 3 years for newly qualified Consultants
- Opportunities to be a clinical supervisor
- Relocation package available.
It's also an exciting time to be joining LSCFT as we have significantly expanded our Medical Leadership positions in areas such as suicide prevention, Mental Health Law, Audit & Effectiveness, and Locality Medical Director roles. We also have an extremely active Medical Education department and support our Consultants in becoming Clinical & Educational Supervisors and nurturing their interests in this area. There are also opportunities to have a role in Digital Leadership if this is a passion for any of our Consultants.
Check out our twitter accounts for examples of some exciting things we are working on via @LSCFTMedics and @LSCFTMedEd
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for further details about this post. The Job Description and Person Specification was approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists on 8 June 2022.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MBBS or equivalent
- Full GMC registration and Licence to Practise
- On GMC Specialist Register or within 6 months
- Section 12 approved or within 3 months
- AC status or within 3 months
- Knowledge, skills and experience appropriate to this role
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.