A really exciting opportunity has arisen to shape the future of care delivery in developing a multidisciplinary ADHD diagnostic and intervention service across Mid and South Essex. This post will be aligned to the South Essex Aspergers Service and in future we are looking towards developing a neurodevelopmental service.
We are looking to recruit to this new team consisting of nursing, psychiatry, psychology and pharmacy. These posts will be crucial in spanning the clinical delivery of assessment and intervention both pharmacological and psychological for people with suspected or existing ADHD who are not eligible for secondary mental health services. The team will work in partnership with local Primary Care Networks (PCNs) as a referral route and also through local IAPT services to develop further support for individuals. There will be a role for training and consultation to the PCNs and mental health colleagues in secondary and primary care services as well.
Main duties of the job
Applicants will have a passion for ADHD and ideally previous experience working with this often misunderstood client group. We want you to bring your knowledge, skills and experience to the team, where we value the input and diversity of our practitioners and work collaboratively to provide the best outcomes. If you are innovative and passionate about improving access to and the quality of care for people with neurodevelopmental disorders this post is well suited to you.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.
Job description Job responsibilities
This post offers excellent clinical leadership and service development experiences. We will support with up to £6000 of appraisal linked training and development over the first 2-3 years in post which will align with the job role. This could include nurse prescriber training for those who do not yet possess this qualification or leadership development. We would also be happy to receive applications for Nurses at Band 6 who would like to work towards a band 7 level and exploring NMP.
For more information and to talk to us about why we are the best place for your next role contact
Sharon Allison, Consultant Clinical Psychologist, Head of Aspergers, LD Psychology and Behaviour Therapy Services on 07940449874 or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Person Specification Education/Qualifications Essential
- RMN at least 2 years post qualifying experience at band 6 in community Mental Health Service
- Evidence of personal and professional development in Neurodevelopmental Disorders and/or Mental health practice
- Independent Prescriber - working towards /prepared to attend the training
- Educated to Degree Level in Health
- Additional Professional Qualification/ substantial experience - Neurodevelopmental Disorder related
- Able to take on broader responsibilities to improve own and others knowledge and skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of National policy and implications for Neurodevelopmental Disorders eg. NICE ADHD Guidelines.
- Knowledge of professional nursing standards and an understanding of the principle of governance and implications for professionals practice
- Evidence of post-graduate development.
- Evidence of providing care for complex and challenging service users.
- Evidence of the knowledge and skills in the use of information technology to support care and professional development
- Experience of working with individuals with Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- Ability to plan resource requirement to meet changing care needs
- Ability to coordinate work to meet agreed targets and deadlines
- Evidence of ability to prioritise workload and competing demands, objective setting, time management, skills etc.
- Ability to seek ways of improving individual's performance by training, and personal development
- Ability to plan ways of improving efficiency and cost effectiveness of clinical services
- Ability to set clear objectives and targets and motivate staff to achieve them
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.