We are looking to recruit a Band 6 RMN who has an enthusiasm for and passion to work within the Urgent Care Pathway within Mental Health Services.
The Band 6 RMN will have the opportunity to consolidate their skills in mental health nursing and we want to recruit someone who is keen to develop the specialist skills needed within the Urgent Care Pathway.
The Mental Health Liaison Team is a dedicated team of professionals providing comprehensive and holistic assessments for patients within the Acute Trust hospital from 16 years and over.
Main duties of the job
This exciting opportunity will allow the successful RMN to develop within a diverse team consolidating and expanding all clinical skills working with the diverse population within the Fylde Coast. The successful candidate will also be supported and encouraged to further develop on courses such as NMP, specialist MHL training, opportunities to top up to degree level, amongst a multitude of other service specific in house training opportunities.
Within the Mental Health Liaison Team we work collaboratively as a team, displaying core team and trust values ensuring all aspects of a patients care is thorough and completed to an exceptionally high standard.
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as; term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
For more information please visit our website via Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS FT.
Job description Job responsibilities
For more details on this vacancy please review the attached job description and person specification.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health) - current NMC Registration or equivalent professional health care qualification
- Evidence of professional updating and development in the care of patients in an acute or community setting.
- Diploma in Professional Studies (Nursing) - or equivalent.
- A minimum of two years post-registration mental health experience.
- Involvement in innovative practice and multi-cultural environments
- Extensive knowledge of the various approaches to mental health assessment.
- Knowledge of key areas of liaison psychiatric practice, including the psychological effects of physical illness.
- Knowledge of psychiatric interventions with patients in an acute phase of mental illness/distress.
- Knowledge of risk assessment and management, particularly in relation to suicide.
- Knowledge of the clinical and demographic risk factors associated with suicide and self-harm.
- Knowledge of Common Law and issues relating the Mental Health Act (1983).
- Knowledge of team-work and staff development.
- Knowledge of the various therapeutic approaches in the care and treatment of patients with delirium, dementia and depression.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.