Community Mental Health Services in Milton Keynes have undergone transformation and are pleased to announce the Milton Keynes Community Mental Health Hub. The Adult Mental Health Community redesign is part of an initiative to improve the quality of care received by people with mental health needs in their local community. The national direction of travel, outlined in the NHS Long Term Plan, is towards the provision of more integrated, personalised and place-based care.
Within the HUB there are 3 pathways to which all service users (irrespective of their allocated pathway or diagnosis) are able to access interventions such as Peer Support, Individual Placement Support, Coaching, Specialist Therapy, dependant on their needs. Interventions are delivered both as groups and individual 1:1 sessions, with a focus on a trauma informed holistic approach to health care. The HUB works closely with third sector agencies including the Crisis Caf in Milton Keynes, as well as MKUH and the Local Authority.
Interventions within the HUB fall under pathway for diagnosis and condition management, psychosocial needs and specialist therapy and there are ongoing plans to continue developing these interventions as the service continues to grow.
Main duties of the job
As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination as this remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients and service users when working on our healthcare settings.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the CNWL Community Mental Health HUB for Band 7 Senior Practitioner in Medicines (Non-Medical Prescriber). The service offers help and support for patients requiring secondary Mental Health Services in Milton Keynes.
The post holder will need to have an excellent knowledge of Mental Health, current mental health legislation and relevant mental health medication. Post holders will need to demonstrate the ability to support and apply a holistic approach to assessing and supporting the health and social needs of people experiencing severe and enduring mental illness. In return for your expertise we offer a supportive working environment with training provided, regular supervision and an annual appraisal. CNWL are invested in the professional development of their workforce such as Advanced Clinical Practice and Chief Nurse Fellow.
We are passionate about delivering first-class patient-centred, safe and effective care, whether it is in a hospital setting, in a community clinic or in the patients own home. Patients are at the heart of everything we do. Providing top quality care depends on our ability to employ the best people. Were always looking to recruit outstanding people who will go the extra mile to support our patients, colleagues, teams and the Trust. With every new employee were hoping to find our future leaders and well support our staff by providing opportunities to develop your career.With a diverse culture and equally diverse range of opportunities across mental health, community services, addictions, eating disorders, learning disabilities and more whatever stage of your career you're at, there's always a place for you at CNWL.
Job description Job responsibilities
To offer advice and guidance for pharmacological interventions and provide treatment to a caseload depending on role within the team, and will be responsible for monitoring this through supervision.
Facilitate the effective mental and physical assessment, diagnosing, care planning, prescribing and review of clients
Generating prescriptions for clients using appropriate prescribing formularies and monitoring and reviewing the client regarding the effectiveness, continued appropriateness and safety of the prescribing intervention.
For further information about this post please see attached job description
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Professional Qualification in Nursing, Pharmacy or Occupational Therapy
- V300 Independent Nurse Prescriber
- Dual qualified
- Advanced history taking and diagnostics
- Professional experience in the field of Mental Health
- Demonstrable experience at Band 6 in the community
- Experience of practising as an Independent Nurse Prescriber
- Experience of ongoing Medical Supervision
- Experience of managing & Supervising staff
- Experience in undertaking Risk Assessments, Risk Management and Care Programme Approach
- Experience of dealing with crisis situations
- Experience of working with patients experiencing a variety of social and health needs
- Knowledge of key adult Health & Social Care issues and statutory requirements (particularly Medicines related)
- Knowledge of the principles of Best Value / Clinical Governance
- Knowledge of current developments and practice
- Knowledge of the principles of current research around Advancing Practice
- Knowledge of and participation in research
Key Skills & Abilities Essential
- Good communication with competent presentation skills. Able to communicate verbally and in writing with a wide range of people at all levels
- Able to identify opportunities for developing effective and efficient service delivery
- Computer literate with the ability to use various programs
- Able to manage change and respond flexibly to non routine situations
- Able to provide clinical leadership and contribute to strategic direction
- Clinically competent at diagnosing and prescribing in field of experience and competent in liaising and referring on to MDT colleagues
- Advanced knowledge in interpretation of biomedical investigation
- Able to work independently and to prioritise effectively
- Valid driver's licence and the ability to drive to different bases.
- Able to carry out a full mental and physical health assessment including a physical examination where possible
- Advanced knowledge in interpretation of biomedical investigation
- Willing to develop own skills & knowledge & provide information to others to help their development
- Ability to maintain quality in own work and of others to do so
- Willingness to travel to different locations and undertake role effectively
- Committed to the continuous development of job-related knowledge and skills
- Willing and able to work flexibly, in terms of the requirements of the role, working hours and place of employment
- Thorough understanding and commitment to operating and promoting Equality of Opportunity in relation to service users and employees
- Regard for others and respect for individual rights of autonomy and confidentiality
- Ability to use clinical supervision and personal development positively and effectively
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.