Enhanced Community Mental Health Team for Older Adults in Walsall Band 6 Community Mental Health Nurse 37.5 Hours per week (Flexibility with hours if you are looking to work part-time)
Please contact us for an informal chat, contact details at the bottom of advert. Base:
Blakenall Village Centre Walsall WS3 1LZ Department:
Walsall Enhanced Community Mental health Team for Older Adults
Main duties of the job
The Older Adult Mental Health Service has worked with Walsall CCG in enhancing existing Community Mental Health Services creating an Enhanced Community Mental Health Team for Older Adults from 09:00hrs to 17:00hrs, 7 days a week. An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Enhanced Community Mental Health Team for Older Adults in Walsall. We are currently looking to recruit experienced RMN's or Occupational Therapists to become a valued member of our team. You will be responsible for assessment, care planning, risk assessment and risk management with a holistic person centred approach towards care for Older Adults presenting with either Functional Mental Health needs and or Dementia. This will be achieved via carrying a manageable caseload with wider MDT support.
We are an energetic and hardworking team working with adults over the age of 65. The successful applicant will need to be an enthusiastic and committed individual and will be part of a fully integrated Multi-Disciplinary Team comprising of CPNs, Occupational Therapists, Support Workers, Nurse Practitioners, a Clinical Lead, Team Manager, Clinical Psychologist and Psychiatric Medical Teams.
As a Trust we are committed to increasing the quality of services and providing services which are safe and supportive to services users, their carer's and relatives. If you feel you are the right person to help us achieve this, then please contact us for further information or apply.
Job description Job responsibilities
For further details or to arrange an informal visit contact:
Colette Griffin-Chapman (Team Manager) on 01922 608002. email@example.com
William Scott (Clinical Lead) on 01922 608002. Will.firstname.lastname@example.org
Person Specification Education/Qualifications Essential
- oExperience of working with individuals with severe mental illness.
- oExperience of working in multi disciplinary clinical teams.
- oWorking knowledge of relevant legislation and guidelines including MHA 1983 and CPA.
- oWorking knowledge of risk management.
- oKnowledge of person centred care.
- oWorking knowledge of NSF for Mental Health.
- oWorking knowledge of planning in the context of community mental health services.
- oKnowledge of BME community and needs of this group.
Skills/Personal qualities Essential
- oEffective written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate with staff at all levels both, internal and external, patients , carers, external agencies
- oAbility to make assessment of situations involving reasoning.
- oAbility to work own initiative.
- oAbility to work as part of a team.
- oEffective IT skill including the ability to operate Microsoft office software packages to include email.
- oAbility to risk manage.
- oGood Attendance record.
- oSolution focused.
- oGood time management skills.
- oAbility to prioritise workload.
- oDemonstrates the belief that individuals with mental health problems should be enabled to achieve maximum possible independence and should be cared for in the least segregated and coercive setting possible.
- oDemonstrates a belief in choice and involving recipients of care, their relatives and significant others in all discussions regarding need and service.
- oDemonstrates a commitment to anti-oppressive practices.
- oEffective written and verbal communication skills.
- oAbility to convey complex concepts to others, including colleagues, clients and carers.
- oHighly developed decision making and problem solving skills.
- oAbility to demonstrate effective team working skills.
- oAbility to operate as autonomous practitioner, acting on own initiative.
- oDemonstrates ability to work flexibly within a changing environment.
- oDemonstrates self motivation and ability to work under pressure
- oAbility to travel frequently throughout the working day across the Borough.
Trust Behaviours Essential
- oBe compassionate, empathetic and caring to everyone
- oEnable yourself and others to act with confidence and authority in order to achieve the best outcome for everyone
- oWork with others. Be inclusive by understanding and valuing others to achieve the best results for everyone and everything we do
- oAct with transparency and honesty; respect and value others to do the right thing at the right time for everyone.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.